Welcome Back! Conversion Complete, Rebuild Underway

RadioRob
This topic is 1024 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

1 hour ago, JAYM said:

What about for MF sites that just have four numbers? 

Just search the four numbers.  Basically the URL itself does not matter.  It's the username or the ID number that is the unique part that is best for searching.  

I second @Jarrod_Uncut suggestion for a 5-10 minute window for editing a post before the "edited" tag appears.  It would allow a little extra time for proofreading/corrections before the final submission.

I realize others may not agree with this, but the blue color of the text in the previous version was easier on the eyes for me.

1 hour ago, sync said:

I second @Jarrod_Uncut suggestion for a 5-10 minute window for editing a post before the "edited" tag appears.  It would allow a little extra time for proofreading/corrections before the final submission.

I realize others may not agree with this, but the blue color of the text in the previous version was easier on the eyes for me.

I've made a change where someone can edit their post indefinitely.  However once you edit the post, it will reflect as being edited.  Once a post is edited, there is not an option to say it won't reflect as edited after X minutes.  It's either there or it's not.  I don't see a value in hiding the fact it was edited.  If it was a typo, so be it. 🙂

9 hours ago, RadioRob said:

I've made a change where someone can edit their post indefinitely.  However once you edit the post, it will reflect as being edited.  Once a post is edited, there is not an option to say it won't reflect as edited after X minutes.  It's either there or it's not.  I don't see a value in hiding the fact it was edited.  If it was a typo, so be it. 🙂

Somehow I missed this issue when it was first raised, and I have to say I liked the idea of the 'edited' flag showing up only after a few minutes. That said, I'm with you Rob, it's a first world problem, not something to get worked up about. I like the feature that allows you to explain what you've edited. A chance for a self-deprecating 'Whoops, typo'.

Guest MikeThomas

Apparently I've lost my rank am starting all over as a Newbie.  In the scheme of things, not important.

Update:  It looks like everyone is starting as a Newbie.  I'm sure it's been discussed... I just haven't been paying attention.

Edited by MikeThomas

12 minutes ago, MikeThomas said:

Apparently I've lost my rank am starting all over as a Newbie.  In the scheme of things, not important.

Update:  It looks like everyone is starting as a Newbie.  I'm sure it's been discussed... I just haven't been paying attention.

I was wondering who would be the first to notice this.  I'm making a post about this in a bit.  This happened earlier today with an upgrade that happened this morning.  There is a new ranks/achievement system that was installed.  It's recalculating everyone in the background.  

2 hours ago, RadioRob said:

I was wondering who would be the first to notice this.  I'm making a post about this in a bit.  This happened earlier today with an upgrade that happened this morning.  There is a new ranks/achievement system that was installed.  It's recalculating everyone in the background.  

Details in the link above.  :)

5 minutes ago, tassojunior said:

even with traditional format i'm only getting a smartphone type zoomed format on pc now with no sidebars, new stuff at bottom, etc. 

Try clearing your temporary internet files. 

Does it also happen if you try a different browser?  (If not, which is problematic?)

2 hours ago, RadioRob said:

Try clearing your temporary internet files. 

Does it also happen if you try a different browser?  (If not, which is problematic?)

Sorry....somehow my zoom function had gone to 150%. I put it back to 100% and I'm fine again in Chrome. This is 2 or 3 times lately my zoom has gone up on M4M by itself, never any other site. 

This topic is 1024 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.