The New Progress Flag

glutes
This topic is 1079 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

new-pride-flag-01.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1400

In the quest to appease LGBTTQQIAAP (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, ally, pansexual) communities seeking representation, Portland-based designer Daniel Quasar has proposed an update to the iconic rainbow flag.

https://qz.com/quartzy/1303522/the-new-rainbow-pride-flag-is-a-design-disaster-but-a-triumph-for-lgbtq-inclusiveness/

Someone once said that if you can't write your idea on the back of a business card, you don't have a clear idea. I have some doubts about universal application of the sentiment, but confusing and cluttered imagery, as this flag seems to be to me, transmits a garbled message. If it needs an eleven letter abbreviation to fit everyone in, maybe we don't have a clear idea of who we all are, and need to find a philosophy that unites us instead of so many levels of exacting specificity to define our differences.

By contrast, the Human Rights Campaign logo, is elegant in its simplicity.

hrcOurLogo.png

This kind of thing just seems to me to be part of the increasing rigidity of a Leftist orthodoxy, wherein all are accepted that agree completely and unreservedly.

Edited by wsc