Server Migration Complete

RadioRob
This topic is 1069 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Our new permanent home is ready and I'll be migrating this site and the review archive later tonight sometime after 12:01 AM Eastern. During that migration process, I will need to disable the forums in order to prevent posts that are made during the migration from being lost. (I will need to export all of the data, and if you're busy adding more content, anything new from the moment I start the export will not make it over to our new home.)

There is nothing that you need to do once the forums are locked. Once the migration is complete, I'll update DNS to point users to the new server and unlock the boards on that new server. So you'll know you've reached the new location when you see the forums online again.

Will we need to sign in again? I always forget my password and want to change it to something I will remember at least for as long as it takes to get back on and then stay connected.

Passwords are stored locally on your computer, so it should still be remembered. The reason it was not remembered before was because the domain name itself changed.

Our new permanent home is ready and I'll be migrating this site and the review archive later tonight sometime after 12:01 AM Eastern. During that migration process, I will need to disable the forums in order to prevent posts that are made during the migration from being lost. (I will need to export all of the data, and if you're busy adding more content, anything new from the moment I start the export will not make it over to our new home.)

There is nothing that you need to do once the forums are locked. Once the migration is complete, I'll update DNS to point users to the new server and unlock the boards on that new server. So you'll know you've reached the new location when you see the forums online again.

Good Luck @RadioRob - I hope all goes as planned. Thanks much!

?u=https%3A%2F%2F49yy7j2m9k3a2168vu1iq5yc-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2020%2F02%2Funnamed.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

There’s a server migration tonight

By the rays of the moon’s silvery light

We’ll see our posts on different hosts

With lower risks on brand new disks

And fewer strictures on all our pictures

They should be spun up ahead of sunup

We’re going to bed and sleeping tight

There’s a server migration tonight

http://www.planet-smilies.de/tanzen/tanzen_032.gif http://www.planet-smilies.de/tanzen/tanzen_012.gif http://www.planet-smilies.de/tanzen/tanzen_032.gif

A quick update… our nightly backups are still running. As a precaution, I’m going to wait until the backup completes before taking the site offline and moving data.

I expect this should complete somewhere around 1:30-2:00 am. Once it finishes, I’ll take the boards offline and begin the migration.

Some highlights from the transfer earlier...

• 1,938,517 reactions
  • 1,728,290 posts
  • 447,782 private messages
  • 344,871 thread watches
  • 194,094 news feed notifications
  • 123,789 threads
  • 28,962 user trophies
  • 16,360 user follows

Those were just some of the things ya'll see/use on a daily basis. That does not include the IP logs, the warn logs, all of your individual profile settings, avatars, etc.

In total...

• 10.2 MILLION total database records
  • 4.86 GB database
  • 25.61 GB worth of files/logs

• 1,938,517 reactions
  • 1,728,290 posts
  • 344,871 thread watches
  • 123,789 threads
  • 28,962 user trophies
  • 16,360 user follows

Those were just some of the things ya'll see/use on a daily basis. That does not include the IP logs, the warn logs, all of your individual profile settings, avatars, etc.

In total...

• 4.86 GB database

I wholeheartedly commend you for a job well done @RadioRob. We are a very popular forum with a great bunch of guys. Have yourself a night cap and a good night's sleep. CHEERS!

• 1,938,517 reactions
  • 1,728,290 posts
  • 344,871 thread watches
  • 123,789 threads
  • 28,962 user trophies
  • 16,360 user follows

In total...

• 4.86 GB database

ARE YOU CALLING US FAT?

This topic is 1069 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.