Gay resort Tortuga Del Sol in Palm Springs closed...

Jarrod_Uncut
This topic is 941 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://tortugadelsol.com/

Stayed here on my last visit to Palm Springs weekend couple years ago. Quaint hotel, not as “active” as the other popular locations, but well kept and in a good location. I had fun when I stayed though. They actually did have real turtles swimming around the ponds. Not sure if it was pandemic related or just general hotel ebb and flow.

Oh wow! I didn't know they were having issues. I believe @youngboldone stayed there during the recent Palm Springs weekend in April.

I recall Inndulge was for sale though.

yah, it’s hard to say if they were having issues... but just that they were getting out the hotel biz.

if it’s anything like bars are, perhaps the hotel has been sold to a new owner who will repackage the resort. I like the “nude” resorts, but I do wish there were more chains in the area. I know there was a quality inn that the former host assistant used to at, that was turned into a travelodge. 2 separate chains

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 3:34 PM, kingsley88 said:

Oh wow! I didn't know they were having issues. I believe @youngboldone stayed there during the recent Palm Springs weekend in April.

I recall Inndulge was for sale though.

I did indeed stay there based on a recommendation from friends.  The common areas were nicely maintained, and the resort was in a good area, although not within walking distance to downtown.  My room, however, was another story.  Cabinet doors coming off hinges, a toilet that didn't function half the time...it had definitely seen better days.  My guess is that the owner knew he was going to sell and didn't bother to maintain the rooms.  The resort had clearly gone downhill since the last time my friends had stayed.  I am considering Inndulge for the PS 2022 weekend.