Board Survival

builder boy
This topic is 1087 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm so sorry about the extended downtime. I woke up to an email from Orin saying the site was only displaying a blank white page. Since I offered to help previously, he took me up on the offer.

Once I could login, there was a bunch of things wrong on the current server to the point it was just easier to pickup everything on the current site and move it to somewhere I control and know how to support.

This was literally trying to pickup and move everything while everything was on fire, so it was not "perfect". I had to do a bunch of crazy stuff to get things working. There are still a bunch of things I still need to fix, but at least we're back in a "mostly working" state!!

I'm so sorry about the extended downtime. I woke up to an email from Orin saying the site was only displaying a blank white page. Since I offered to help previously, he took me up on the offer.

Once I could login, there was a bunch of things wrong on the current server to the point it was just easier to pickup everything on the current site and move it to somewhere I control and know how to support.

This was literally trying to pickup and move everything while everything was on fire, so it was not "perfect". I had to do a bunch of crazy stuff to get things working. There are still a bunch of things I still need to fix, but at least we're back in a "mostly working" state!!

Your amazing !!!! It takes a village

@Oliver is the organiser of the forum Palm Springs weekend, and is building this list as an extension of the e-mail list he has for sending details of that function to members attending. You can DM him on here.

Thank you Mike Carey for the quick reply. This forum has given me useful advice for years and saved me a lot of $$$ knowing whom to avoid.

Reading you apologize for "extensive downtime" is like hearing a doctor say, "I'm sorry it took me so long to save your life."

You are my hero?, and no apology is needed.