Flake alert: Rob Saint

MxB
This topic is 927 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://rentmen.eu/RobSaint

After a great chat yesterday morning on RM, I arranged to meet him at 8:00 last night.

I live in the suburbs so it's typically a 45-minute drive into the city. Before leaving home, at 7 PM, I texted him (phone + RM) to confirm. No response. I started the drive anyway. At 7:13, I received this: "Maybe 8:30". I responded that I would stop for a cup of coffee and see him at 8:30. No response.

I texted at 8:27 to let him know I was in the area looking for parking. No response. Ended up seeing someone else.

According to his profile, next stops are Chicago and NY. Beware.

https://rentmen.eu/RobSaint

After a great chat yesterday morning on RM, I arranged to meet him at 8:00 last night.

I live in the suburbs so it's typically a 45-minute drive into the city. Before leaving home, at 7 PM, I texted him (phone + RM) to confirm. No response. I started the drive anyway. At 7:13, I received this: "Maybe 8:30". I responded that I would stop for a cup of coffee and see him at 8:30. No response.

I texted at 8:27 to let him know I was in the area looking for parking. No response. Ended up seeing someone else.

According to his profile, next stops are Chicago and NY. Beware.

Posted a link to the previous thread. https://www.companyofmen.org/threads/robrds.159742/

Original poster here. He texted me this morning: "Hey there sorry about last night I got stuck helping a friend with something"

No explanation as to why he couldn't take 15 seconds to text me and let me know he couldn't make it.

Original poster here. He texted me this morning: "Hey there sorry about last night I got stuck helping a friend with something"

No explanation as to why he couldn't take 15 seconds to text me and let me know he couldn't make it.

What's interesting is that I previously would have just assumed that the person running the ad was a fake who just wanted to waste people's time. Now that I've known someone who is so disorganized mentally that he's completely unreliable when it comes to social plans I understand that some people are just so distractable that they will pay attention to what's in front of them, even when they have other commitments. Unlike most people, the thought doesn't even cross their mind to check their calendar for conflicts -- they just do what they want in the moment and then try to do damage control later if they missed something important. I'd say that someone with this deficit is ill suited to any type of service industry.

I am sorry that this happened to you, but because it did, I can see why getting zero response on the day of is frustrating for both parties. I had a masseur cancel me for failing to respond for an afternoon appointment when he was attempting to reach me that same morning. I had seen him twice before, and didn't think anything of it to have my phone off during my conference. He sure did. He wasn't home because I "ignored him". Live & learn.

• 5 months later...