Trashing New York Observer

Guest BT
This topic is 8618 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>From "BT" 9/18/2000

>New York Observer is just one of the customers who in my opinion is a nosey hypocrite who cannot be trusted. He never got permission from The Gaiety to write his reviews.

I'm not making excuses for making these comments but I did not ask for this to be taken out of context (it was a part of a personal e-mail regarding a private matter meant for Hooboy and wasn't anyone else's business) and posted for public display. I think it is very misleading. The matter is over and done with. It did not need to be rehashed for amusement value in this way. I hardly considered the problem a laughing matter. I respect everyone's privacy including New York Observer's and wasn't trying to publicly demean him. I also asked Hooboy to remove these statements from this site after finding out about it.

Stop this now PLEASE.

If you did not mean for your comments to be made public, why are you posting them again?

NYO does not need approval from anyone to post his reviews. I'm sure hundreds of people including myself enjoy reading them. Take them for what they are--one guy's opinion. I've learned to value NYO's opinions, but if you don't, don't read them. :-)

I agree that the poster doth protest in odd ways - reprinting the matter once more while asking that it disappear. Anyone who approaches HooBoy as webmaster of this site, knowing full well (or should) that there is a section where HB publishes email he has received, should be prepared for that email to be published. It's that simple, it seems to me. And the answer to it which HB printed was not just for entertainment value. It was a philosophical point he has made over and over again. Maybe, if he can say it in humorous ways, it will break through some people's shells and help them to finally hear it and will be better remembered by other people, too. Comedy is often more serious than drama, at least in art which intends for itself to be taken seriously as art. (Like Moliere, rather than Dumb and Dumber.)

Thank you SQ. The fact is I never had a problem with New York Observer's reviews. As I said, those comments were taken out of context. This is about rudeness coming from some guy I don't even know. Sorry Bilbo but I was not aware of Hooboy's habit of posting his own personal e-mail. I was not as familiar with this site as you are. My point of bringing this to the readers' attention was to clarify misleading information that should've never been published in the first place and the fact that my request to him to have it removed was ignored.

Archived