Need Advice on PC Problem

Lucky
This topic is 1099 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

We have two PCs. One iis working fine, but the other suddenly stopped playing videos. Even though the picture appears with the "play" icon in the middle of it, once we hit play, the picture goes black. This is true across the net, not just with one website. I can't figure out what to do about it, so come here to humbly ask the advice of others!

are you watching the video from an internet browser or is it downloaded to your PC? If from a browser, try a different one (chrome, Firefox, safari, etc) and see if it works there. Also that PC might need a software update of some sort.

Note I’m not a tech expert but just giving my 2 cents.

it used to irk me when level 2 or level 3 Help Desk would ask me if I tried rebooting my computer, but now I just find it funny (or at the least pre-empt the question by saying to the personnel in the beginning, 'and yes, I rebooted').

giphy.gif

And do you actually reboot the thing?

We have two PCs. One iis working fine, but the other suddenly stopped playing videos. Even though the picture appears with the "play" icon in the middle of it, once we hit play, the picture goes black. This is true across the net, not just with one website. I can't figure out what to do about it, so come here to humbly ask the advice of others!

When that has happened to me I uninstalled and reinstalled the browser and the problem was resolved.

it used to irk me when level 2 or level 3 Help Desk would ask me if I tried rebooting my computer, but now I just find it funny (or at the least pre-empt the question by saying to the personnel in the beginning, 'and yes, I rebooted').

giphy.gif

This is off topic, but that motion of his right arm aroused my curiosity. :oops: