Amazon Reviews Censorship

lonely_john
This topic is 1079 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Have you ever had a problem submitting a negative review on Amazon?

I find that all these online companies, including Rentmen, heavily censor whatever will impact their profits.

Surveillance Capitalism!

Admin Note: Image of child removed.

Edited by Cooper

I didn't realize they removed negative reviews. However, they sure know how to game it. I've put in negative reviews and the next day there will be 10 happy reviews. Plus, they give people $ or gifts for 5 star reviews. People will sell their soul for $20 I guess.

If you download Fakespot it will rate the reviews. Plus it will tell you if allot of other things like how new they are and if they've had allot of complaints.

I've written lots of Amazon reviews, some of them 1-star. The only ones I had rejected were those that included negative comments related to damages during shipment or other delivery issues.

Yes this is what happened to me.

It seems that to have your Amazon Review pass their approval system one has to lie and say there was something wrong with the product itself.

I submitted my review saying I received the wrong product and no response from the seller when I requested a refund. They rejected it on the basis that my review was not representing a problem with the product but a problem with the vendor. Now I know how to take revenge if they are not returning my money.

I have given negative reviews before and only had one rejected because I complained about the delivery time. Understandable since the delivery time had nothing to do with the product itself (even though the seller totally misrepresented it). But, to that end, I see reviews all the time commenting about the horrible condition merchandise resulting from delivery, which really has nothing to do with the product itself. Life goes on...

Yes this is what happened to me.

It seems that to have your Amazon Review pass their approval system one has to lie and say there was something wrong with the product itself.

I submitted my review saying I received the wrong product and no response from the seller when I requested a refund. They rejected it on the basis that my review was not representing a problem with the product but a problem with the vendor. Now I know how to take revenge if they are not returning my money.

Then why didn't you leave "Seller Feedback" if the problem was with the seller and not with the product? Giving a bad review of a product when the issue is with the seller makes no sense.

Then why didn't you leave "Seller Feedback" if the problem was with the seller and not with the product? Giving a bad review of a product when the issue is with the seller makes no sense.

I did. I submitted the negative review of the product after 1 week passed without hearing from the seller, and I haven't heard from them yet.