Cinerama Dome, ArcLight Cinemas and Pacific Theaters shutting down all locations permanently

MikeBiDude
This topic is 1028 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When Arclight opened their Hollywood Cinemas in the early 2000’s a friend and I went to see a film. The tickets were $11 which seemed really expensive. The facility was beautiful, there was a full bar, gift shop, and cafe in the main lobby. All seats were reserved. There were only two previews, and No Ads. If you arrived 5 minutes after the feature began you could not enter the theater so the audience wouldn’t be disturbed. Arclight pioneered online ticket sales. You registered with their website, selected the date and time, picked your seats, and printed your tickets. You could arrive 5 minutes before a popular new release, they would scan your ticket and you could sit down and enjoy the film. No lines, no waiting. The end of an era.

wow, this is big!......though not a California resident, I know shutting down an entire venerable chain like this is a significant event......I saw "How The West Was Won" at the Cinerama Dome about ten or twelve years ago projected in its originally-intended style (three cameras and projectors).....a couple of the surviving stars were in attendance and introduced and most of the audience got a DVD of the movie.....

cinerama-d_hpMain_20210412-225809_4x3t_992.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...