Greatest Real Estate Finds

MysticMenace

stumbled upon this wonderful real estate dream - 4br, 2ba that was closed for just $150K in VT - boasting a 28' x 40' wing that could be up for someone's imagination!

https://www.zillow.com/homes/43-Courthouse-Dr-Guildhall,-VT,-05905_rb/193818039_zpid/?mmlb=g,0

does any have any other great real estate finds they can share? ?

stumbled upon this wonderful real estate dream - 4br, 2ba that was closed for just $150K in VT - boasting a 28' x 40' wing that could be up for someone's imagination!

https://www.zillow.com/homes/43-Courthouse-Dr-Guildhall,-VT,-05905_rb/193818039_zpid/?mmlb=g,0

Dupont Circle in the 60's, and Logan Circle in the 70's, Shaw in the late 90's... and I was called crazy all 3 times!

how would you guys reimagine the spaces in pics 30-32 of that listing in zillow?

There is a hotel in Boston that used to be a prison and is quite chic. I think with the right decorator it could be transformed into a fabulous space...

could give a whole new meaning to sending someone to time-out or

I'm curious about your penchant for incarceration environments. :D

nothing special. I was just curious how a real estate agent or broker advertises a property that has, shall we say, unique features. I think building bars or apartments from old church buildings are becoming more commonplace, but curious what other interesting real estate properties with more unique features are out there.

FOR THE EXHIBITIONIST INTO REAL ESTATE:

Bathroom without walls in $900K home 4 sale horrifies social media

If you’ve always dreamed of an open-concept toilet,this house is for you.

A Boston home for sale on Zillow that appears to be normal and quaint is actually anything but.

The newly renovated four-bedroom, three-bathroom property — in foreclosure — is listed at a whopping $899,000. However, one of the bathroom layouts is pretty crappy.

It starts the moment you walk through the front door, where a bathroom is on the left side of the open-concept space.

Although the listing states three full bathrooms, this bathroom is missing one main component: a wall.

Photos of the property were first shared by the Instagram account Zillow Gone Wild, and social media immediately labeled it a “nightmare.”

“Do we have to be open about EVERYTHING these days??” one Instagram user said.

“Those glass walls really be doing the most for your privacy,” another joked.

“This is literally what I have recurring nightmares about,” one person wrote, while another called it a “freakshow.”

Built in 1910, the two-story home spans 2,000 square feet.

While the rest of the house seems pretty normal, with modern renovations and pristine hardwood floors, the bathroom scenario is pretty hard to overlook.

“Gotta love the clear glass between the shower and toilet, but frosted glass between the toilet and sink,” someone quipped.

3-5-21-bathroom-house-10-1.jpg

3-5-21-bathroom-house-14.jpg

3-5-21-bathroom-house-02.jpg

3-5-21-bathroom-house-04.jpg

There are a lot of $20M places in NYC going for $10M now. (Vice-versa in Florida).

I've always thought about making a whole room a bathroom/dressing room with chaise and seating. But I hate the way American bathrooms have the toilet in the open bathroom the same way others think this layout is weird. That's what water closets are for.

Anyway, getting contractors who don't speak your language has downsides worse than this sometimes.

Edited by tassojunior

There are a lot of $20M places in NYC going for $10M now. (Vice-versa in Florida).

I've always thought about making a whole room a bathroom/dressing room with chaise and seating. But I hate the way American bathrooms have the toilet in the open bathroom the same way others think this layout is weird. That's what water closets are for.

I think the OP @JoeMendoza idea was to point bargains and later on unusual sales like the one discovered by @samhexum talking about pee shy?

width=410pxhttps://media.tenor.com/images/06c7a22d6866b6c18823385583d1334f/tenor.gif[/img]

Edited by marylander1940

I think the OP @JoeMendoza idea was to point bargains and later on unusual sales like the one discovered by @samhexum talking about pee shy?

width=410pxhttps://media.tenor.com/images/06c7a22d6866b6c18823385583d1334f/tenor.gif[/img]

now talk about open concept bathroom - at the front of the house. lol