Strong, Powerful Earthquake Hits North New Zealand

WilliamM
This topic is 1119 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

All these earthquakes! I can’t imagine how rattled the New Zealanders nerves must be - no pun intended...:(

Edited by BnaC

As I see the video of traffic as people evacuate to higher ground, I’m wondering why a vertical shelter plan hasn’t been developed as an alternative to horizontal evacuation. I suspect a car in traffic is the last place I’d want to be in a tsunami...

All these earthquakes! I can’t imagine how rattled the New Zealanders nerves must be - no pun intended...:(

I lived in New Zealand for a number of years, growing up, and most New Zealanders are pretty blase about earthquakes.

They are part of life, and they take them in their stride.

However the bigs ones in Christchurch certainly had a big impact, and I am sure plenty of people are rattled.

North Americans and Europeans deal with snow and blizzards every year, Kiwis deal with earthquakes

I lived in New Zealand for a number of years, growing up, and most New Zealanders are pretty blase about earthquakes.

They are part of life, and they take them in their stride.

However the bigs ones in Christchurch certainly had a big impact, and I am sure plenty of people are rattled.

North Americans and Europeans deal with snow and blizzards every year, Kiwis deal with earthquakes

True, but here, snow and tornadoes and hurricanes are forecast in advance.