Replacements for LastPass

DynamicUno
This topic is 1114 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I've been a Lastpass user for a number of years on the free tier. I'm looking around for alternatives since they've announced they will charge to sync between desktops and mobile, and their android app has stopped working as well in the past year. Is anyone using a password manager they like and works well with android devices?

I've been a Lastpass user for a number of years on the free tier. I'm looking around for alternatives since they've announced they will charge to sync between desktops and mobile, and their android app has stopped working as well in the past year. Is anyone using a password manager they like and works well with android devices?

You may find this article interesting. https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-password-managers/

I have Bitwarden and it works for me even the free version.

The lastpass android app is still working for me and it still syncs with the desktop app. I've been happy with lastpass, so my inclination is to pay the charge (~$27/yr IIRC). But before paying, I would like to know if there is a better paid app out there for about the same price.

(I went through a similar process when Quicken went to a subscription model...spent a lot of time looking for a free app with the same functionalities and ended up paying for Quicken.)

I went with and stayed with RoboForm. It was the process of elimination, I originally tried others, but I just couldn't get them to work.

+1 for RoboForm. Went with the 5-sub model. I like the iOS app as well as the Windows apps. Haven't used Android one. I also like that I can selectively share with others (the passwords, etc.) Useful for shared accounts.

+1 for RoboForm. Went with the 5-sub model. I like the iOS app as well as the Windows apps. Haven't used Android one. I also like that I can selectively share with others (the passwords, etc.) Useful for shared accounts.

I use the Android app a lot. Works like a charm.

Any bitwarden update? Did you try it out?

I've been using it. It works on my Android phone and with my browsers on Windows well. On the PC you have to right click to select autofill, instead of the icon Lastpass would put in login forms, but it seems to work better. On Android you have to enable all of the permissions, but it reliably gives a prompt in most apps and in the browser.

The main deficit is it doesn't seem to automatically pick up on password changes reliably or new account setups, so you have to be more mindful of editing your entries when you make changes.

• 2 weeks later...