Favourite Clothing Brands

orville
This topic is 792 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I agree..it's really tricky. Is he more hipster? More jock? More sophisticated? More street-style? If he's in his early-20s like some of my students (who are like 16-20), he might be into Supreme and baggy athleisure type brands: Nike, Adidas, Vans, Champion..maybe Levi's jeans. Some do like to still wear an occasional Gucci t-shirt or whatever just to kinda show they have money (even though they don't really), but that's not as popular with young men as it is with the young ladies in my opinion.

I agree..it's really tricky. Is he more hipster? More jock? More sophisticated? More street-style? If he's in his early-20s like some of my students (who are like 16-20), he might be into Supreme and baggy athleisure type brands: Nike, Adidas, Vans, Champion..maybe Levi's jeans. Some do like to still wear an occasional Gucci t-shirt or whatever just to kinda show they have money (even though they don't really), but that's not as popular with young men as it is with the young ladies in my opinion.

Thanks for the input. He's a jock, that also looks next door.

I'd say he's more casual street style, not much into sports streetwear.

He can be more sophisticated (formal?) when we've been out to dinner or theatre function.

I think he likes edgy/modern/urban clothing. Loves black/brown color (for leather), navy blue (for jeans), white, beige.

All silver, no golden details or bling.

I've just never paid attention to see if he wears specific brands.

But I want to give him something nice, so any brand recommendations based on my comments above would be appreciated.

Next Door Jock. Masculine if that matters.

I am afraid I have no recent experience with masculine jocks. Many years ago I had a young water-polo player in my life and I remember I bought him CK underwear. Then my taste changed to the skinny model actor singer tribe. Much fashion oriented and more expensive.

So, why don't you buy him sexy underwear and maybe high fashion expensive sneakers. Take him to a shopping spree, a nice lunch and back home to admire what you bought. ;)

I would not buy him clothes @orville. You do not really know his taste and size. And you are denying yourself some considerable pleasures, for I agree with @The_Impeccable_G. IMO you need a 3step program.

1. Dating a handsome young jock, I’d buy him some good briefs and jockstraps. I’d have him model them for me. That was always an arousing start to a date. I’d ask him which brand/colour he preferred and how he liked the fit.

2. For another date, I’d typically get him a large range of the briefs/jocks he liked.

3. On a later date, I’d take him shopping for clothes. Especially on a trip together, a shopping spree in NYC or London can be a lot of fun with a young companion. (I still recall a hot Australian muscleboy sucking me off in a department store changing-room as a quick “thank-you”)

For gifts, i usually get something personal that they may like or need, like Bose noise-canceling headphones for an upcoming trip. Or Vilebrequin shorts for a tropical jaunt.

For clothes, usually I get them Burberry sweaters or an Hermes tie. Those are safe choices and everyone loves them. For those I don't really know well, just nice underwear.

The ones I really like, I take them out for a nice long kaiseki dinner.

why don't you buy him sexy underwear

I’d buy him some good briefs and jockstraps. I’d have him model them for me. That was always an arousing start to a date. I’d ask him which brand/colour he preferred and how he liked the fit.

Great idea! Any brand suggestions?

Edited by orville

It’s subjective, of course, but my personal view is that a muscleboy looks best in classic white briefs or jockstrap. From time to time, I also like to see a fit young man wear solid colored briefs.

I strongly dislike seeing muscleboys wear baggy underwear (like boxers) or thin strappy underwear (like thongs). The brands I like are Emporio Armani, 2(X)ist, Pump, Versace and C-in-2. Any briefs or jockstraps from these would be good.

Obviously the mainstream brands do a good job but I think @orville that you should choose what you find sexy and arousing. I feel sure that your guy will appreciate that you value him and want him to look great.

My preferred hyper masculine top loooovees his Gucci, I guess because it's something bougie he can show off to his peers? Jordan shoes are always good for guys in their 20s, if he loves watching a particular sport, maybe some merch from his favorite team?

Coming from someone who's had clients buy him gifts, it's really just smarter to get him a gift card (or a cash tip).

Unless you're buying the clothing for yourself to see him wear, it's easier on the guy to let him do his own shopping without you having to wonder if what you bought him is really something he'd like.

I've gotten some seriously expensive gifts that end up on a closet shelf or in a lockbox.

The thought is always appreciated, but unless you know someone very, very well, buying them personal items is tough.

I guess real tops don't wear jockstraps... kidding!

@orville clothes for what kind of occasion? Formal, casual... must be good for surviving the Canadian winter?

I would say a midpoint between formal and casual @marylander1940

I've been looking at some stuff on Armani Exchange and Kenneth Cole.

I just remembered I saw him once with a Kenneth Cole Print Shirt,

and on another occasion, he told me he liked Kenneth Cole's wallets and belts.

It seems like Kenneth Cole has similar fashion styles to Armani Exchange.

If you know of any brands on that line, please let me know...

I would say a midpoint between formal and casual @marylander1940

I've been looking at some stuff on Armani Exchange and Kenneth Cole.

I just remembered I saw him once with a Kenneth Cole Print Shirt,

and on another occasion, he told me he liked Kenneth Cole's wallets and belts.

It seems like Kenneth Cole has similar fashion styles to Armani Exchange.

If you know of any brands on that line, please let me know...

Men's Clothing | J.Crew

Shop Banana Republic for Contemporary Clothing for Women & Men (gap.com)

it's really just smarter to get him a gift card (or a cash tip).

Thank you, sweetheart.

I wouldn't like to give a gift card of "X" value for him to later discover that it's too low for high end clothing.

So, in this case, I'm using the value of well-known brands to express my love for him.

I already know he's Large ? and I also know his pants and shoe size, so it's a good bet for me.

He doesn't need to know how much it cost me, I think.

I'd like him to remember me when he uses something daily, or even with other clients ?

On the other hand, he's already gotten enough cash tips from me ?

Edited by orville