Prince Harry to Oprah' " my worry is history repeating itself."

WilliamM
This topic is 737 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

.... It can be simultaneously true that something else can be the reason that the manner of driving seemed necessary. It's perfectly rational to attribute her death to that indirect cause, in this case the behaviour of the media. ..

Driving drunk at over twice the speed limit to avoid being photographed was not necessary. It was sociopathic. To attribute the death to the press by Harry (and only by Harry and his brother) is understandable. It is not rational. The fact that a thought process is understandable does not make it rational. I understand why someone doing methamphetamines can have hallucinations. That does not make it rational. Harry suffered a trauma in childhood, and that's his coping mechanism (unfortunately not a mature or helpful one). It's about time the prince had some counseling to find a more productive way to channel his anger.

Driving drunk at over twice the speed limit to avoid being photographed was not necessary. It was sociopathic. To attribute the death to the press by Harry (and only by Harry and his brother) is understandable. It is not rational. The fact that a thought process is understandable does not make it rational. I understand why someone doing methamphetamines can have hallucinations. That does not make it rational. Harry suffered a trauma in childhood, and that's his coping mechanism (unfortunately not a mature or helpful one). It's about time the prince had some counseling to find a more productive way to channel his anger.

Sigmund Frieud wrote a book about Thomas Woodrow Wilson without meeting him, or talking to him. The book was not well received.

I didn't know Dodi Fayed had purchased Edward's house in Paris. The Crown said it was owned by the French government while Edward lived there.

Fleeing to America from the UK to escape racism is a new one.

We're not they planning to go there that night, or the next day

I didn't know Dodi Fayed had purchased Edward's house in Paris. The Crown said it was owned by the French government while Edward lived there.

Fleeing to America from the UK to escape racism is a new one.

I read that at the time that Dodi had purchased the house but it is true the Windsor's only rented it. They did own a mill in France where the Duke liked to garden. The Royal family was stingy with the Duke and the couple always felt financially precarious which is why they never picked up the tab when out dining with friends.

I read that at the time that Dodi had purchased the house but it is true the Windsor's only rented it. They did own a mill in France where the Duke liked to garden. The Royal family was stingy with the Duke and the couple always felt financially precarious which is why they never picked up the tab when out dining with friends.

The Duke may have felt financially precarious but when it came to buying Wallis Simpson jewelry, he was no cheapskate:

Edited by bigjoey

The interview made $7 million.

A cage match in a mud pit between Megan and Kate would undoubtedly top Tiger King ratings.

Well, see, now I have Starbucks in my nose. I'm something of a Royalist at heart, but even I would buy tickets to that cage match. Thanks for the mental images I must now fight with.:D

she waited a day to see if it was worth replying... she's also hoping something will come up soon and we'll move on to another story.

She's been in office for almost 70 years, I think she knows something about her job and remaining stable is a huge part of it.

One more thing, Meghan's family might be even more dysfunctional.

In a scene from The Queen, Helen Mirren's Elizabeth II receives Tony Blair to ask him to be Prime Minister and to form a new government "in my name." In their chat, the Queen tells Blair, "You are, after all, my 12th Prime Minister. My first, of course, was Winston Churchill." I took this as her way of telling the new PM, "Don't try too hard to impress me. I've seen better, and I've had the best."

In the real world, this woman in a tiara is the only world leader still alive who actually served in World War II. She has weathered wars, crises -national, family, and personal- and met practically every world leader of the past 60 years. As queen, she is kept informed of world events in ways few others are, is no stranger to the antics of rogue nations or the horrors of natural and man-made disasters. And still has a public approval rating the envy of any politician anywhere.

My points here are that she's been there, done that, and has more T-shirts than most anybody else. She's experienced, savvy, pragmatic, and flexible. And she is, above all, adept at surviving setbacks. This H&M thing, while perhaps personally sad and annoying, is a blip on her radar screen. She'll get through it, and she'll see The Firm does, too. Her greatest worry of the moment is probably the possibility of losing her husband of over 70 years. But when that happens, whenever it does, she'll get through that, too.

Right about now, after some briefing, she's probably saying, "Fine. Next."

In a scene from The Queen, Helen Mirren's Elizabeth II receives Tony Blair to ask him to be Prime Minister and to form a new government "in my name." In their chat, the Queen tells Blair, "You are, after all, my 12th Prime Minister. My first, of course, was Winston Churchill." I took this as her way of telling the new PM, "Don't try too hard to impress me. I've seen better, and I've had the best."

In the real world, this woman in a tiara is the only world leader still alive who actually served in World War II. She has weathered wars, crises -national, family, and personal- and met practically every world leader of the past 60 years. As queen, she is kept informed of world events in ways few others are, is no stranger to the antics of rogue nations or the horrors of natural and man-made disasters. And still has a public approval rating the envy of any politician anywhere.

My points here are that she's been there, done that, and has more T-shirts than most anybody else. She's experienced, savvy, pragmatic, and flexible. And she is, above all, adept at surviving setbacks. This H&M thing, while perhaps personally sad and annoying, is a blip on her radar screen. She'll get through it, and she'll see The Firm does, too. Her greatest worry of the moment is probably the possibility of losing her husband of over 70 years. But when that happens, whenever it does, she'll get through that, too.

Right about now, after some briefing, she's probably saying, "Fine. Next."

Agreed. I don't know why are you quoting me when so many disrespectful things have been said about her.

Harry and Meghan knew they had something juicy and cashable to sell.

Did they warn the Firm this was coming?

Did they try to hurt their family on purpose?

Can they be bribed into silence and is it worth it?

She would’ve also lived of the paparazzi hadn’t been chasing them. Both are true.

She'd also have lived if this woman who'd already been photographed tens of thousands of times, posed for just a few more, then rode off quietly into the night.

You can't chase a stationary object. They were chasing her because she was running.

To keep from having her picture taken?!? Again?!? Why?

Agreed. I don't know why are you quoting me when so many disrespectful things have been said about her.

Harry and Meghan knew they had something juicy and cashable to sell.

Did they warn the Firm this was coming?

Did they try to hurt their family on purpose?

Can they be bribed into silence and is it worth it?

I quoted your post as a way of affirming it and because it inspired my post. I did not do so to counter or object, and apologize if that impression was conveyed.

I quoted your post as a way of affirming it and because it inspired my post. I did not do so to counter or object, and apologize if that impression was conveyed.

no, you didn't.

I'm just surprised about some of the language being used on here by others to refer to an impartial Chief of State.

Sigmund Frieud wrote a book about Thomas Woodrow Wilson without meeting him, or talking to him. The book was not well received.

Well, your Royal Highness, the king of the non-sequiturs strikes again. :D

She would’ve also lived of the paparazzi hadn’t been chasing them. Both are true.

Taking a photo of someone in public is not illegal. A driver drinking himself silly, speeding, and not wearing a seatbelt are (in addition to being quite stupid, to put it kindly). Let's be reasonable.

Can't help feeling that there's a large dose of passive aggression going on in the "Firm". Diane and Meghan got elaborate weddings only to be given the cold shoulder soon thereafter. Perhaps, unlike Kate, they couldn't buy into the myth of royalty. Perhaps Harry is right: his father and brother are captives of this dysfunctional passive aggressive firm.

At least Meghan Markel has a last name.

Evidently, Harry needs to choose one. The Crown made it seem as if Churchill's "Windsor" was it but I read that at Andrew's birth Liz gave in to Philip's demands and changed the last name to Mountbatten-Windsor. Harry used "Wales" in the military (Prince of Wales), but that was a one-off unless he now uses "Sussex" (Duke of Sussex). He could take her last name except she evidently disowned her dying father and all her siblings so she wants a change.

Harry will never get a Real ID driver's license in America so it's a good thing he has all those chauffeurs.

Taking a photo of someone in public is not illegal. A driver drinking himself silly, speeding, and not wearing a seatbelt are (in addition to being quite stupid, to put it kindly). Let's be reasonable.

You seem to have little sympathy for Harry. Why?

At least Meghan Markel has a last name.

Evidently, Harry needs to choose one. The Crown made it seem as if Churchill's "Windsor" was it but I read that at Andrew's birth Liz gave in to Philip's demands and changed the last name to Mountbatten-Windsor. Harry used "Wales" in the military (Prince of Wales), but that was a one-off unless he now uses "Sussex" (Duke of Sussex). He could take her last name except she evidently disowned her dying father and all her siblings so she wants a change.

Harry will never get a Real ID driver's license in America so it's a good thing he has all those chauffeurs.

I doubt he could use Wales or Sussex, but Mountbatten-Windsor may be a likely choice. He could rock the boat a bit by changing Mountbatten back to Battenberg...