Things we learned from our parents!

marylander1940
This topic is 1155 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

better than hijacking... any insight on Eleanor Roosevelt and her parents?

From what I recall she had a very hard childhood. A brother, her mother, and her father (to whom she was especially close) all died when she was fairly young - about 10. She was sent to live with relatives but was not happy. Eventually she was sent to a girls' boarding school in London where she became particularly attached to the French headmistress. The headmistress had a wide range of interests and tastes. Consequently Eleanor Roosevelt had similar interests awakened in her and she found herself happy.

From what I recall she had a very hard childhood. A brother, her mother, and her father (to whom she was especially close) all died when she was fairly young - about 10. She was sent to live with relatives but was not happy. Eventually she was sent to a girls' boarding school in London where she became particularly attached to the French headmistress. The headmistress had a wide range of interests and tastes. Consequently Eleanor Roosevelt had similar interests awakened in her and she found herself happy.

I learned that I was an unloveable waste of space.... oh well, still here taking up space - LOL