Texas, Siberia

CatDaddy
This topic is 1132 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This brutal artic blast is almost over, and hopefully Texas' electric grid will recover. Dallas dropped to -2 a couple of nights ago. I live about 30 miles north of Dallas and we dropped to -4. We survived this cold with just a fireplace - no electricity. Texans are not prepared for this type of event. I understand the Houston area is worse than the DFW area. Soon it will be Springtime, and I'll be pool side and drinking a cold one! Fuck sleet! Fuck snow, and Fuck no electricity... and water, too!

Glad our Texas members are safe and appear relatively unscathed. I used to live in Austin and we had one brief snow event there (maybe 1" at most) and everything was closed for 2 days because of it. So I can only imagine. I did donate to some relief organizations. Glad the weather has improved and hopefully things will be back to normal soon.

This Texan in Laredo lost neither power or water maybe because we're within 2 miles of the airport. It snowed briefly Sunday with no accumulation. We fired up a pot of 4 alarm chili con carne and warmed up from the inside out. Friends were with out power for 4 days. We finally had to go out for errands Wednesday. Golds Gym, all Starbucks and Popeyes were closed for lack of power and drive-in lines at Whataburger were out the parking lot and down the street.