Are there "mean boys" like there are "mean girls"?

Merboy
This topic is 1139 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

not in person, fortunately, but there are definitely some online ?. while I do not condone violence by me slapping someone in the face, but I believe karma has its way of balancing things out.

width=986pxhttps://s3.amazonaws.com/betches/app/uploads/2020/04/28121221/dragmemonique_rhop.gif[/img]width=986pxhttps://media.giphy.com/media/mDMOn9EubmotVwKRhL/giphy.gif[/img]width=986pxhttps://64.media.tumblr.com/b1b912c3a38563b8028ae9fa73e38fe9/2eb1d03f7cd59b0a-06/s500x750/a2eb6eb54d75f4a7f87857a380ddb8f3abc72df8.gifv[/img]

It doesn't take much these days to see the worst in our community. Just read some of the social media back-and-forth from megafans of Drag Race and you'll quickly see some of the ugliest, toxic bullshit.

It's the main reason I don't watch it. People take it way too seriously.

The one thing I'll say is that you can be an alpha without being an asshole.

It doesn't take much these days to see the worst in our community. Just read some of the social media back-and-forth from megafans of Drag Race and you'll quickly see some of the ugliest, toxic bullshit.

It's the main reason I don't watch it. People take it way too seriously.

The one thing I'll say is that you can be an alpha without being an asshole.

To me, an alpha is a man who is so confident that he naturally gets what he wants from people. He doesn't have to be pushy or bully anybody. The force of his personality does it all. I think it is probably true that anyone who says he's an alpha automatically disqualifies himself as an alpha.

To me, an alpha is a man who is so confident that he naturally gets what he wants from people. He doesn't have to be pushy or bully anybody. The force of his personality does it all. I think it is probably true that anyone who says he's an alpha automatically disqualifies himself as an alpha.

I have a client in the southeast who I have never met, but I think he is probably a natural alpha. There aren't that many.

I’ve experienced two types of “mean boys” in our community:

1) The conventionally attractive guys who belittle others for not being as conventionally attractive;

2) The Perez Hilton types who take out their jealousy on the “cool kids” by attacking others.

In my experiences, many members of the first group only recently achieved their conventionally attractive status, which may help to explain their mean boy behavior.

Again, these are my experiences.

1) The conventionally attractive guys who belittle others for not being as conventionally attractive;

2) The Perez Hilton types who take out their jealousy on the “cool kids” by attacking others.

In my experiences, many members of the first group only recently achieved their conventionally attractive status, which may help to explain their mean boy behavior.

Well stated.

In the gay community I mean... I know there are "alpha" jerks and assholes -- bullies that are straight, but what about with gay guys? Have you experienced running into a total bitch that you just wanted to just give such a slap in the face?!

I'm kind of surprised you need to ask this question. Have you perchance been a member of a monastic order until very recently? ;)

Very true. Tribalism in the gay community is ironically pervasive. What I find is that both groups continue to exist even in “mature” age groups.