I just learned a new acronym....

Charlie
This topic is 1164 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

CNM, for "consensual nonmonogramy." It turned up in an "Ask Amy" column in the LA Times, in which Amy was responding to a worried mother who learned that her son and daughter-in-law were openly engaging in sexual relationships with other people. And here my spouse and I were practicing it all these years without realizing it had a name! Now I can simplify things by explaining that I am LGBTQ in a CNM relationship.

gotcha. for some reason I think of infidelity as something that exists regardless of the relationship structure. so is the 'consensual' part of this the guarantee that nobody in the nonmonogamous relationship steps out the confines of said relationship without consent from all parties involved? I guess my ignorant understanding of the nonmonogamy is that consensus would already be baked into defining and establishing the relationship vs. the consensus being revisited at every instance of potential infidelity.

maybe Im just in need of food - am not thinking straight (or gay).