Christopher Plummer dies - truly a tragedy

TruthBTold
This topic is 1149 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

He hoped Meryl Streep, Kevin Kline, Amanda Pluimmer and Mandy Patinkin would be the core performers.

Mandy Patinkin was #1 and also the last name on my list of actors I can't stand because he's that annoying. I won't even watch the LAW & ORDER episode he's in. I was barely able to watch the KATE & ALLIE episode his wife was in, because looking at her made me think of him.

Mrs. Kevin Kline shopped once or twice at the children's clothing boutique in Queens that my friend used to work at when the Klines' kiddies were young. She was supposedly very nice.

I think you're aware of my feelings about Amanda Plummer.

My mother was not thrilled with Meryl Streep, saying she always aware she was watching a Meryl Streep 'performance'. I'm pretty sure the last movie of hers that I saw was Death Becomes Her. That was from 1992. Has she done much since then?

51z2Gp2lmDL._SY445_.jpg

death-becomes-her-death-becomes-her-23646908-745-1000.jpg

Edited by samhexum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mandy Patinkin was #1 and also the last name on my list of actors I can't stand because he's that annoying. I won't even watch the LAW & ORDER episode he's in. I was barely able to watch the KATE & ALLIE episode his wife was in, because looking at her made me think of him.

Mrs. Kevin Kline shopped once or twice at the children's clothing boutique in Queens that my friend used to work at when the Klines' kiddies were young. She was supposedly very nice.

I think you're aware of my feelings about Amanda Plummer.

My mother was not thrilled with Meryl Streep, saying she always aware she was watching a Meryl Streep 'performance'. I'm pretty sure the last movie of hers that I saw was Death Becomes Her. That was from 1992. Has she done much since then? . . .

@samhexum

You didn't watch "Angels in America* on HBO?

And you watch more television than .most people

I think she is amazing in Angels in America. But almost all the performances in it are great. Loved Mary Louise Parker but I am a fan. The only one that bugged me was Al Pacino. I don't know why because it probably was close to the Roy Cohn.

As good as Meryl was in Angels I simply think of Mamma Mia (either one) and I seize up.

Christopher Plummer concern about playing the Captain when offered the role in the film: on Broadway, "every time Captain von Trapp opened his mouth, Mary Martin sang another song."

Maybe, but by the time I saw Sound Of Music (August, 1960), Martin must have been exhausted from playing a lead role that requires so much singing.

Edited by WilliamM

It's sad that he died, but why is it a tragedy? Everyone dies eventually. He lived a good life, had much success and recognition in his chosen career, and lived to 91. I think most people would happily choose being able to have that said about them after their death.

Although most people probably wouldn't want to be known for gifting the world with one of its most annoying actresses. (daughter Amanda

I agree, Sam. The word "tragedy" is misused and overused.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, you were the one who phrased his post in a confusing way. ????

Didn't you ever see the movie Chinatown?

Besides, your commentary (Ugh) seemed to acknowledge the unsavoriness of their relationship(s).

Edited by samhexum

Hey, you were the one who phrased his post in a confusing way. ????

Didn't you ever see the movie Chinatown?

Besides, your commentary (Ugh) seemed to acknowledge the unsavoriness of their relationship(s).

Hey, guy.

You told us how much you disliked Amanda Pluimmer as an actress very soon after her father died. And you never apologized.

I am not a fan of the film, but I did see the Broadway show with the original cast in 1960.

One of the first Broadway shows I saw.

You often play tricky games with subjects, not off topic, but still difficult to understand