Christopher Plummer dies - truly a tragedy

TruthBTold
This topic is 1146 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I loved him in the movie Boundaries in 2018 and of course in The Sound of Music. He also was in Beginners where he played a museum director who comes out after 44 ears of being married. He and his son enter a new relationship on his coming out. Plummer won a supporting actor Oscar for this role. A true film and theater giant has lost one of their greats.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/oscar-winner-sound-music-star-181609378.html

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I loved him in the movie Boundaries in 2018 and of course in The Sound of Music. He also was in Beginners where he played a museum director who comes out after 44 ears of being married. He and his son enter a new relationship on his coming out. Plummer won a supporting actor Oscar for this role. A true film and theater giant has lost one of their greats.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/oscar-winner-sound-music-star-181609378.html

It's sad that he died, but why is it a tragedy? Everyone dies eventually. He lived a good life, had much success and recognition in his chosen career, and lived to 91. I think most people would happily choose being able to have that said about them after their death.

Although most people probably wouldn't want to be known for gifting the world with one of its most annoying actresses. (daughter Amanda.)

It's sad that he died, but why is it a tragedy? Everyone dies eventually. He lived a good life, had much success and recognition in his chosen career, and lived to 91. I think most people would happily choose being able to have that said about them after their death.

Although most people probably wouldn't want to be known for gifting the world with one of its most annoying actresses. (daughter Amanda.)

Sad that Mr. Plumber died. Why attack his daughter? Amanda Plumber's mother was Tammy Grimes who started in The Unsinkable Molly Brown on Broadway and then on your, including Boston where I was lucky to see her.

Edited by WilliamM

Sad that Mr. Plumber died. Why attack his daughter? Amanda Plumber's mother was Tammy Grimes who started in The Unsinkable Molly Brown on Broadway and then on your, including Boston where I was lucky to see her.

Edited by WilliamM

It may be an opinion to you, but it's a stone-cold fact to me. There is no doubt and no arguing about her being annoying in anything I've ever seen her "act" in.

If she is indeed terrible why does Amanda Pluimmer keep getting. Nominated and winning so many acting awards on Broadway and also films

I didn't say she's terrible. I said she's annoying. She did an episode of SVU in which a serial rapist was preying on disabled women, and she played a (very) paranoid schizophrenic who was attacked but helped the cops apprehend the guy. Each time I've seen the episode (I watch Stabler-era SVU reruns a lot) and she exhibits all of the quirks and tics of the character I think either "Finally! Amanda Plummer found the perfect role to showcase her acting style!" or "Yet another typical Amanda Plummer performance." She was quite effective in the role, but I'd rather hear Yoko Ono sing than watch Amanda Plummer act in anything that doesn't have Christopher Meloni's ass in it.

I saw Mr Pluimmer in "Royal Hunt of the Sun" in December 1965, so long ago. Much too young to completely understand the play though

I didn't say she's terrible. I said she's annoying. She did an episode of SVU in which a serial rapist was preying on disabled women, and she played a (very) paranoid schizophrenic who was attacked but helped the cops apprehend the guy. Each time I've seen the episode (I watch Stabler-era SVU reruns a lot) and she exhibits all of the quirks and tics of the character I think either "Finally! Amanda Plummer found the perfect role to showcase her acting style!" or "Yet another typical Amanda Plummer performance." She was quite effective in the role, but I'd rather hear Yoko Ono sing than watch Amanda Plummer act in anything that doesn't have Christopher Meloni's ass in it.

The somewhat interesting new biography of Mike Nichols reports Nichols envisioned a national threater company that would perform classic American plays. He hoped Meryl Streep, Kevin Kline, Amanda Pluimmer and Mandy Patinkin would be the core performers.