Why did you pick the username you have currently?

7829V
This topic is 759 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In real life, I combined the first name of my high school crush in the US, and the last name of my childhood guy best friend (who ended up marrying my other childhood girl best friend [who I actually dated in person from ages 12 to 14 in the Philippines and in LDR when I came to the US from 15 to 17] - they have 5 kids now), who, in retrospect, I may have had a crush on.

Years ago when I created mine, I simply tried to create a screen-name that had a lot of letters so that I could meet whatever the minimum requirement for letters was for this site.

Within a few months, I received a few direct messages along the lines of “What makes you so interesting?” or “Do you have a top-secret job?” - and I realized my screen name was sending some kind of message that I was “bragging” - but my only intent was to create a long name that would be accepted by the site. This is the only site on which I use “Interestingguy” - even though on other sites I use subtle variations of a different name.

I have mentioned this before...I felt lucky to get to fly across the country on a flight that also carried Lucas Ridgeston and Johann Paulik.

I used to say that I "slept" with them but people thought I meant sex. No, it was a night flight so we all slept! They looked great in the morning at baggage claim.

Of course, now one of the younger posters might ask who they are!

Like Lucky, I have answered this before (some topics on this site never seem to get old). Charles is my middle name, so my college roommate used to call me "Cheerful Charlie," an ironical reference to my inclination to study rather than party with him and his friends. Some of his friends thought Charlie was really my name, and frequently called me that. When I joined this site back in the last century, I needed a handle, and Charlie was simple and easy to type (I am a very slow typist).

I taught high school Advanced Placement Air History for a number of years. Epigono(u)s was a court sculpture to the Attalid dynasty at Pergamum in the late third century B.C. (Hellenistic Period). The marble statues "The Dying Gaul" and the "Ludovisi Gaul" are thought to be Roman marble copies of his original bronzes. Just taking a look at those two statues explains it all.