TRIVIA TO IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS

samhexum
This topic is 1151 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. It’s all that pot smoking they do

A “jiffy” is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second. So can we launch a class-action lawsuit against Jiffy Lube for deceptive advertising?

A snail can sleep for three years. If it repeatedly binge-watches CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE WORST KIND

Babies are born without kneecaps. They don’t appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age. So how do mob enforcers incentivize them to pay their gambling debts?

February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon. A dark time for werewolves

If the population of China walked past you, in single file, the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction. If they’re walking in single file, how are they reproducing?

If you are an average American, in your whole life, you will spend an average of 6 months waiting at red lights.

More if you visit a certain district in Amsterdam

Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors. And his lesbian sister invented scissoring

The cruise liner, QE2, moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns. Big deal… I move only six inches for every gallon of Coke Zero I consume.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.

Is that a melted chocolate bar in your pocket, or were you just happy to see me?

The sentence: “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog” uses every letter of the alphabet.

Typing teachers the world over are nodding right now

The words ‘racecar,’ ‘kayak’ and ‘level’ are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).

Madam in Eden, I’m Adam.

There are 293 ways to make change for a dollar. But only 50 ways to leave your lover?!?!?

There’s no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins. I’m going to write my Congressperson (AOC!) and demand a congressional committee be formed to investigate this miscarriage of justice. They can then pass the BEA BENADERET BILL to fix this outrageous oversight.

Edited by samhexum

The words ‘racecar,’ ‘kayak’ and ‘level’ are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes). Madam in Eden, I’m Adam.

EVE

eve_offering_the_apple_to_adam_in_the_garden_of_eden_and_the_serpent-30094.jpg

The full-moon-less February thing is wrong. Every so many years we have a February with no full moon because the moon takes more than 28 days to orbit the earth. But 1865 wasn't one of them. 2018 was. Also, it's dependent on your time zone.

https://www.wral.com/weather/blogpost/4470081/#:~:text=Gene%2C%20thanks%20for%20your%20question,between%20the%20years%201700%2D2035.&text=Since%20the%20next%20full%20moon,moon%20in%20February%20that%20year.

Every single presidential candidate that won the popular vote but lost the electoral college (and thus the Presidency) was a Democrat who was either from Tennessee or New York.

1824: Andrew Jackson of Tennessee (would be elected in 1828)

1876: Samuel J. Tilden of New York

1888: Grover Cleveland of New York

2000: Al Gore of Tennessee

2016: Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York

I don't even have to ask if you're familiar with Grover Cleveland Alexander's heroics in the 1926 World Series versus the Yankees.

How long have you had the mindset that the world didn't exist until you were born? ?????

I'm afraid that would be Pop's area of expertise... he's the sports guy!

I know a lot a

I don't even have to ask if you're familiar with Grover Cleveland Alexander's heroics in the 1926 World Series versus the Yankees.

How long have you had the mindset that the world didn't exist until you were born? ?????

I know a lot I think about the world before I was born, I just have never heard of Sheena Easton. Yet I do know who Glenn Miller, Lawrence Welk, and Arlene Francis are. Sheena was never discussed by any of my family members.

So kind of like Lou Bega or the Bloodhound Gang?

She had a bit more staying power than that but basically, Superstar for a couple of years in the early 80s, still around in the late 80s, off the (US, at least) charts by the early 90s. I didn't follow her career so other parts of the world may have a different impression.

I know a lot I think about the world before I was born, I just have never heard of Sheena Easton. Yet I do know who Glenn Miller, Lawrence Welk, and Arlene Francis are. Sheena was never discussed by any of my family members.

Sheena Easton was very big for a relatively short time; it's not surprising the world is divided into "who's that?" and "how can you not know?"

Superstar for a couple of years in the early 80s, still around in the late 80s, off the (US, at least) charts by the early 90s. I didn't follow her career so other parts of the world may have a different impression.

Easton's first two singles, "Modern Girl" and "9 to 5", both entered the UK Top Ten, and she was the first UK female artist to appear twice in the same Top Ten since Ruby Murray. In 1981, "9 to 5" (retitled "Morning Train (Nine to Five)" for the US market) topped the US Hot 100, making her the third UK female solo artist to achieve this, following Petula Clark and Lulu, and she became one of the most successful British female performers of the 1980s.

A six-time Grammy nominee in the US, Easton is a two-time Grammy Award winner, winning Best New Artist in 1982 and Best Mexican-American Performance in 1985, for her duet with Luis Miguel on the song "Me Gustas Tal Como Eres". She has received five US Gold albums and one US Platinum album. She has recorded 16 studio albums, released 45 singles total worldwide, and had 20 consecutive US singles, including 15 US Top 40 singles, seven US top tens and one US No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100 between 1981 and 1991. She also had 25 top 40 hits in international territories around the world. In Canada, Easton scored three gold and two platinum albums. She has sold over 20 million records and albums worldwide.

Easton became the first and only recording artist in history to have a top 5 hit on each of Billboard's primary singles charts, with "Morning Train (Nine to Five)" (both pop and adult contemporary), "We've Got Tonight" with Kenny Rogers (country) and "Sugar Walls" (both R&B and dance).

Easton's other hits include the James Bond theme "For Your Eyes Only", "Strut", "U Got the Look" and "The Arms of Orion" with Prince, "The Lover in Me" and "What Comes Naturally". She has worked with prominent vocalists and producers, such as Prince, Christopher Neil, Kenny Rogers, David Foster, Luis Miguel, L.A. Reid & Babyface, Patrice Rushen and Nile Rodgers.

Easton's first two singles, "Modern Girl" and "9 to 5", both entered the UK Top Ten, and she was the first UK female artist to appear twice in the same Top Ten since Ruby Murray. In 1981, "9 to 5" (retitled "Morning Train (Nine to Five)" for the US market) topped the US Hot 100, making her the third UK female solo artist to achieve this, following Petula Clark and Lulu, and she became one of the most successful British female performers of the 1980s.

A six-time Grammy nominee in the US, Easton is a two-time Grammy Award winner, winning Best New Artist in 1982 and Best Mexican-American Performance in 1985, for her duet with Luis Miguel on the song "Me Gustas Tal Como Eres". She has received five US Gold albums and one US Platinum album. She has recorded 16 studio albums, released 45 singles total worldwide, and had 20 consecutive US singles, including 15 US Top 40 singles, seven US top tens and one US No.1 on the Billboard Hot 100 between 1981 and 1991. She also had 25 top 40 hits in international territories around the world. In Canada, Easton scored three gold and two platinum albums. She has sold over 20 million records and albums worldwide.

Easton became the first and only recording artist in history to have a top 5 hit on each of Billboard's primary singles charts, with "Morning Train (Nine to Five)" (both pop and adult contemporary), "We've Got Tonight" with Kenny Rogers (country) and "Sugar Walls" (both R&B and dance).

Easton's other hits include the James Bond theme "For Your Eyes Only", "Strut", "U Got the Look" and "The Arms of Orion" with Prince, "The Lover in Me" and "What Comes Naturally". She has worked with prominent vocalists and producers, such as Prince, Christopher Neil, Kenny Rogers, David Foster, Luis Miguel, L.A. Reid & Babyface, Patrice Rushen and Nile Rodgers.

Wow. I'll listen to her on YouTube.

I knew I knew of her, just couldn’t think of any tunes associated with her until you listed them. I guess she got drowned out by the disco craze of the 70’s and early 80’s.

There’s no Betty Rubble in the Flintstones Chewables Vitamins.

Your list is showing it’s age.....

”The vitamins can be purchased in pharmacies, grocery stores, and on the black and grey markets. They feature vitamins in the shapes of the following characters: Fred Flintstone, Wilma Flintstone, Pebbles Flintstone, Barney Rubble, Betty Rubble, Bamm-Bamm Rubble, Dino, and The Great Gazoo.[3] For over twenty years, Betty was not included as one of the vitamins. However, after a grassroots campaign and the results of a Bayer telephone poll came in favor of including Betty, the character was added to the lineup in 1995, replacing the Flintstone car.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flintstones_Chewable_Vitamins

I blame my fact checking tendencies on my intense desire to fuck @Kevin Slater on top of a bed of his nerdy hooker graphs.