SF begins to reopen

Eggman
This topic is 1178 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yeah we’re back to where we were in December, which was still very restrictive. But at least all those parklets they’ve built for outdoor dining can be put back to use. It’s been sad seeing them all roped off this past month.

The numbers are getting much better in the Bay Area so hoping we can at least get out of the purple tier soon. It’s a long way to the yellow tier but some of the counties got there for a little while during the summer.

The numbers are getting much better in the Bay Area so hoping we can at least get out of the purple tier soon. It’s a long way to the yellow tier but some of the counties got there for a little while during the summer.

The contrast with our situation could not be more stark. First, this morning at her news conference the NSW premier said that since it's now 28 days since the last case of community transmission on the Sydney northern beaches, restrictions can now be eased further. She then said that as it was only 14 days since a case in another group of suburbs, that it would be two more weeks before, amongst other things, the limit of one person per four square metres could be eased to one per two square metres. Even with no cases for extended periods there are still restrictions. They are applied differentially by local government area, but local restrictions are decided by the state government not the local authoities.

The contrast with our situation could not be more stark. First, this morning at her news conference the NSW premier said that since it's now 28 days since the last case of community transmission on the Sydney northern beaches, restrictions can now be eased further. She then said that as it was only 14 days since a case in another group of suburbs, that it would be two more weeks before, amongst other things, the limit of one person per four square metres could be eased to one per two square metres. Even with no cases for extended periods there are still restrictions. They are applied differentially by local government area, but local restrictions are decided by the state government not the local authoities.

Aussies must be more group-minded. Or maybe they're just not as stupid. Or a little of both

Aussies must be more group-minded. Or maybe they're just not as stupid. Or a little of both

I wouldn't say less stupid, we can certainly do stupid. I think it's a combination of rules being set, people following them and enforcement of the rules. When we have been told to stay at home, or wear a mask, we have done so, and there has been enforcement for those who didn't.

But to your point, I think Australians are more inclined to accept rules that are applied.

I wouldn't say less stupid, we can certainly do stupid. I think it's a combination of rules being set, people following them and enforcement of the rules. When we have been told to stay at home, or wear a mask, we have done so, and there has been enforcement for those who didn't.

But to your point, I think Australians are more inclined to accept rules that are applied.

Except for New York state, there hasn't been much in the way of enforcement. Cuomo imposed stiff fines in New York for non-compliance.