Solo Travel

menaughty
This topic is 810 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

On 10/26/2021 at 4:33 AM, Kohag said:

When you travel solo, you have a great chance to get out of your comfort zone. I was an introvert until I started traveling alone, discovering new people and new cultures. For five years, I raised a good amount of money, and this year I fulfilled my dream of visiting almost 30 countries. And many more countries follow. This week I ended with Germany. I was very impressed by this country, its architecture, the buildings, the castles. I did a neuschwanstein castle tour, at one of the most beautiful castles in the world. It's a must to visit!

This is so true. I am so glad the people in this forum gave me the courage to travel alone. I still remember making this thread being so nervous and now I have taken 4 solo trips so far. Just do your research beforehand of the place and you should be good. 😊😊

On 11/13/2021 at 12:37 PM, menaughty said:

This is so true. I am so glad the people in this forum gave me the courage to travel alone.

On 11/13/2021 at 12:37 PM, menaughty said:

This is so true. I am so glad the people in this forum gave me the courage to travel alone.

You can still travel with a friend provided the friend is not a "hanger on" type personality.   

I often travel with a friend but when we reach our destinations, we each go our own way occasionally meeting for lunch or for minor matters.  

Edited by coriolis888

Not sure if I've mentioned but Delta now has US to Barcelona for 32K miles roundtrip from now until late March. Also London but there's a $220 fee and tests there. Main Coach, not Basic Economy, with checked bag, seat, and changes, etc. For the next several months Avianca and most airlines also have $200 roundtrips to Bogota from most of the US. That covers about half the world's "masseur" saunas (Brazil has the other half). 

Delta also has most of the US, including HI to most of Europe the next few months for 90K RT in their snazzy Premium Select cabin

Edited by tassojunior

• 3 weeks later...

For those (like me) renewing their passport be aware that they can be picky on the new photo. They just sent me an email that I need a better photo. It was taken at FedEx Office and maybe it's because they used a flash washing out some features and detail. Also gray hair and white backgrounds can blend. Be careful with good detailed photos. (FedEx re-did mine and I mailed it back.)  

Edited by tassojunior

• 2 weeks later...

I can now happily confirm that cancelling international award tickets with both Delta and American miles gets immediate full re-deposit. One was to London, one to Argentina. There's one to Argentina on American with British miles that may have to be cancelled or changed so I may find out about BA. 

Edited by tassojunior

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2021 at 11:24 PM, menaughty said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone of you do Solo trips? If yes, What are some tips you would recommend as a solo traveler?

And are there any companies that organize group tours for within US?

Thanks!

Well, I should start by asking a few questions so I know how to better help you.

Are you a city person or prefer beaches and hiking?

What languages do you know?

Prefer relaxation or adventure?

Prefer US or overseas?

What's your budget and how long can you vacation for?

Also what months can you travel? some places are better depending on the month.