The Washington D.C. market, what’s the latest?

Jarrod_Uncut
This topic is 1178 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I always look forward to going to (and putting that work in) the nations capitol. However, it’s been since August 2019 that I last visited, and most of last year, I had no opportune moments to take the trip (including all the obvious events). However, with the latest events, and the upcoming inauguration, just wondering how’s biz out there lately.

I would like to take a January, February or March trip out before Cherry Blossoms, but I also don’t want to return to a sh*t storm. I know DC can also be very hit or miss, or involve waiting around for awhile, which can be kinda unsettling considering the cost of lodging and the fact it’s usually always a long trip, with a week or 2 stay. But, I hope once things get settled, I can make something happen out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I always look forward to going to (and putting that work in) the nations capitol. However, it’s been since August 2019 that I last visited, and most of last year, I had no opportune moments to take the trip (including all the obvious events). However, with the latest events, and the upcoming inauguration, just wondering how’s biz out there lately.

I would like to take a January, February or March trip out before Cherry Blossoms, but I also don’t want to return to a sh*t storm. I know DC can also be very hit or miss, or involve waiting around for awhile, which can be kinda unsettling considering the cost of lodging and the fact it’s usually always a long trip, with a week or 2 stay. But, I hope once things get settled, I can make something happen out there.

I'd avoid DC for the foreseeable future. Security has been increased immensely especially around the Mall and Capitol Hill.

hotel's couldn't be cheaper but in the winter there's not much lobbying and they are a big chunk of visiting clients.

As a new guy you'll do great. Try to stay in Dupont Circle, Logan Circle, clients will walk, take Metro or Uber to you from the suburbs but don't bring a car because you won't need it and parking could be difficult to find.

Come here, take Amtrak to NYC and fly back home, you'll get lucky in one city or the other and because of Covid-19 and low season the investment in the hotel or Airbnb won't be as much as later in the year.