WandaVision on Disney+

This topic is 1179 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

It was interesting, but didn't bowl me over. I'll watch the rest of it to see where it leads to.

If they are following the comics, even a little, it's hinting that Wanda's powers are more magical in nature than scientific experimentation (movie-verse)/mutant (comic-verse) based. It also may be suggesting (as in the comics) she has the ability to alter reality and it will drive her mad to a certain degree. I don't know if it will be as extreme as the comics (where she practically destroyed the Avengers and later created a reality where her family ruled). I personally think they are leading to her being a quasi-villain in the next Dr. Strange movie. Meaning she loses her sanity, at least temporarily, and fights Dr. Strange.

They also showed that the S.W.O.R.D. agency exists at the end of the ep 1. Which in the comics was created in response to aliens frequently coming to Earth. It may also be helping to push the mutant angle into the Marvel cinematic universe. Comic wise the agency had strong ties to the X-men. From what I read a few X-men related things/characters will pop up in the various Marvel Disney + shows.

Ok that's enough geekery for today. LOL!!!

It is odd how much they really lean into the classic sitcom motif. It's not even a satire of 50's/60's sitcoms like Pleasantville was, but a true reconstruction of them. The plots in the first two episodes would have fit in to Bewitched perfectly.

One thing the ernest sitcom approach is very good for is when whatever mystery that's going on around it starts to leach in it makes those moments 10x creepier by comparison.

Given the ending of epsiode 2 it's clear that Wanda has at least partial if not necessarily conscious control of what going on.

I'm enjoying this one. I liked that they went to the effort to recreate the 50's/60's sitcom aesthetic using the lighting and practical effects that were used at the time. I heard they talked to Dick Van Dyke about how to do some of things in the first two episodes. It's a bit mind blowing that they had the opportunity to get that directly from one of the pioneers of that age of television.

Starting with the third episode they've begun showing more of the overall story that they're building towards with the MCU, which I think will pay off pretty well. I like how this format is giving them a chance to do something a bit more unique than the typical 2-3 hour movie would allow for.

I'm enjoying this one. I liked that they went to the effort to recreate the 50's/60's sitcom aesthetic using the lighting and practical effects that were used at the time. I heard they talked to Dick Van Dyke about how to do some of things in the first two episodes. It's a bit mind blowing that they had the opportunity to get that directly from one of the pioneers of that age of television.

Starting with the third episode they've begun showing more of the overall story that they're building towards with the MCU, which I think will pay off pretty well. I like how this format is giving them a chance to do something a bit more unique than the typical 2-3 hour movie would allow for.