Jockstrap versus Compression Shorts

CatDaddy
This topic is 1199 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I received a gift of Nike's new jockstraps for Christmas (the black ones with the green line on the band). I've been a compression shorts/tights guy since the 90s. However, I wore one of them to lift yesterday and it was comfy and did its job. It was nothing like the jocks we wore for football in high school in the late 70s and early 80s.

They will be really nice when the blast furnace turns back on in Texas this summer. Anyone else tried these jockstraps for working out? Compression shorts get swampy in humidity. But, I don't remember ever seeing anyone sporting a jock in the locker room at my gym in far north Dallas. Are they coming back or still a novelty sex thing?

Where I've worked out it is mostly compression shorts; however, I've noticed a couple of guys that are competitive body builders stick to jocks.

There's nothing better to distract my attention from getting through all the reps of something than to be able to focus on the guy who's jock is sticking about the waist of his shorts and there's a hint of skin between the two. ?

I've never seen guys working out on the gym floor in a jockstrap, while of course I've seen them in the locker shower area.... Both compression shorts and jocks have their unique fans, and Both are sexy as fuck.... But I believe they serve diff purposes, and YES again, the compression shorts do get "swampy"....

Perhaps the OP would like to post a pic of himself in his Xmas gift ? ?

I wear only compression gear when running or lifting.

The right gear avoids swamp ass. Never go cheap on compression leggings/shorts. A lot of the material they use in the cheap brands will not let sweat evaporate quickly, encourage chafing and generally not do what compression gear is designed to do (support, wick away sweat and keep lactic acid at bay).

I recommend two brands as my standard: SKINS and Nike Pro.

Edited by Benjamin_Nicholas

I wear only compression gear when running or lifting.

The right gear avoids swamp ass. Never go cheap on compression leggings/shorts. A lot of the material they use in the cheap brands will not let sweat evaporate quickly, encourage chafing and generally not do what compression gear is designed to do (support, wick away sweat and keep lactic acid at bay).

I recommend two brands as my standard: SKINS and Nike Pro.

I'm just Cheap, but have learned if I wear my Depends UNDER my compressions, they sop up ALL the swamp !

P.S. Delightful new avatar, Belongs in my "How Many Packs, dude" Gallery thread ! ?