Reactions borked

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 1057 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I migrated the forum, all reactions were showing up as a question mark "?". I had to manually re-associate them with no idea what they were before. I can edit any of the ones that are there or create new ones if they make sense.

I did prefer the applause icon that was more of a clapping one and less of the one now that to me is more of a praying one. Like this:

R472b6b459d9bdd2d645f5ec848b326b7?rik=Vgd3DnPuFOh%2brw&pid=ImgRaw

The wow one also was the #12 icon from the first post in this thread.

Not to be demanding, but if you can eventually restore the tag under my name to the way Bill had it that would be great. It had the verbose icon rather than "?" . The "?" doesn't fit because I think I know who I am. And how verbose I am. ;)

I’ve changed the question mark to the verbose emoji.

I’ve changed the question mark to the verbose emoji.

Thank you Rob. ;)

I wonder if I am doing something wrong or if there is something with the server.

A couple time I either tried to post something, or did just post something. And I get this message:

Oops! We ran into some problems.

A server error occurred. Please try again later.

Right now for example I can open some threads fine. Other ones if I try to open the thread I get that message??? This has never happened before.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm running the site on my personal server. Since I was trying to convert some processes, the server ran out of space. This caused the problem earlier. Sorry about that.

What's going on with this new thing that when I hit the Like icon on certain posts, I get a window that asks, "Are you sure you want to Like this?" and a button that says "Confirm"?

I've had that happen to me once in a blue moon for quite some time, so it's not just a new thing.

Of that I have no idea. Possibly an errant piece of code in the XenFora software? If it's random, as it appears to me to be, it would be difficult to track down, I suspect.

It's possible it's a Xenforo defense mechanism being triggered by server load. The server is under a heavy load while I run repairs on the database tables in the background. That's why the website has been sluggish most of the morning. I'm batching the requests so they're throttled, that way I don't have to do a longer "big" full outage, but it means while the task is running... the website is fighting the databases for available CPU/memory.

• 3 weeks later...

Not borked at all. They’re not configured.  What you’re seeing now are the default/stock reactions included with IPB. It’s something I’m going to have to manually dig up emojis for and add into the system when I have a chance. It’s on the list of things to do but that’s also while squaring away all of the other reported fires/issues. :)

On 5/25/2021 at 8:57 AM, Lucky said:

Once again icons have been borked. The fact is that the dislike icon is an important reaction.

Why do you need a friggin Icon ?   If you dislike something, just SAY so !  🙄    At least then people will know WHAT you dislike about it instead of hiding behind a useless icon that tells the OP Nothing.    Using "negative"  icons is a cowardly way of playing this game.    

Edited by jjkrkwood

23 minutes ago, jjkrkwood said:

Why do you need a friggin Icon ?   If you dislike something, just SAY so !  🙄    At least then people will know WHAT you dislike about it instead of hiding behind a useless icon that tells the OP Nothing.    Using "negative"  icons is a cowardly way of playing this game.    

You make a good point.

49 minutes ago, Lucky said:

You make a good point.

I think so.  If the point is to achieve "change" or to educate,  the only way is to have an honest conversation, not using empty icons.  But on the other hand its always nice to know when readers enjoy something, or find it useful or beneficial or entertaining.

51 minutes ago, jjkrkwood said:

I think so.  If the point is to achieve "change" or to educate,  the only way is to have an honest conversation, not using empty icons.  But on the other hand its always nice to know when readers enjoy something, or find it useful or beneficial or entertaining.

I enjoy so many of your posts, both the hot pix and the humorous content.