Meghan McCain & Joy Behar threw down on live TV today.

samhexum
This topic is 1124 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well, it took only 2 days, but Meghan McCain & Joy Behar threw down on live TV today. It wasn't quite as thrilling as the Rosie O'Donnell-Elizabeth Hasselback brouhaha, but it was interesting viewing, nonetheless:

Say what you will about Meghan McCain, but at least she keeps things interesting. Tuesday morning on The View, the conservative co-host threw down with Joy Behar once again, this time over the tense relationship between different factions in the American political landscape. Meghan vs. Joy fights can only mean one thing: new year, same sh*tshow.

Believe it or not, today’s Hot Topics discussion actually began on a jovial note, with the co-hosts laughing about President Trump’s claim that he hopes Mike Pence will “come through” and overturn the results of the election. Towards the end of the first segment, moderator Whoopi Goldberg asked if the political landscape has developed “a third party” of “Trumpians” who have distanced themselves from traditional conservatives. “Is it the Democrats, the Republicans, and the Trumpians?” she asked. “Ooh, that’s scary.”

After the commercial break, the panel picked up that thread of discussion and ran with it. “Let the Republicans fight amongst themselves. On the one hand, you have the Republicans; on the other, you have the seditionists,” said Joy Behar. “In the Democratic party, you have the progressives versus the moderates, which is de rigueur, as they say … The Republican party is in much more trouble right now.”

“Are you kidding me? You have AOC–” interrupted McCain. “Excuse me! Am I done? I’m not done!” fired back Behar.

When McCain argued that Behar’s point is “completely inaccurate” because Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and The Squad are “coming out very angry, very intensely that Biden hasn’t filled his cabinet with more progressives,” among other perceived slights, things really veered into dramatic territory.

“The idea that there isn’t fighting within the Democratic party, as well –” began McCain. “I was speaking!” replied Behar. “I was speaking! I’m talking about — I’m talking about traitors!”

“You missed me so much, Joy. You missed me so much when I was on maternity leave,” joked the conservative firebrand. “You missed me so much — you missed fighting with me!”

Behar could have left McCain’s remark alone (it was clearly a joke, after all), but she doubled down instead. “I did not miss you,” she said, deadly serious. “Zero.”

“Oh my god. You know what? That’s so nasty!” replied a visibly surprised McCain. “That’s like, so nasty. I was teasing!”

“Guys! Guys! Hold on. Hold on. Everybody stop!” said Goldberg, as McCain continued to complain about Behar’s “rude” outburst. The View‘s moderator attempted to get things back on track by diverting the discussion to Sara Haines, but it didn’t work as planned. “I wanted to ask Meghan if she feels there really is a fracture,” said Haines. “I think Sunny was trying to talk, so you should just ask her,” answered McCain. Awwwwkward.

Edited by samhexum

I HATE meghan, always have, and I was hoping she wouldnt come back.... But she did, and back to her old obnoxious ways..... And its obvious the other ladies feel the same, and are over HER. The show is so tense with her there. Hoping the producers get smart and can her ass ? They need Ana Navarro as a "regular" host.

And, I just watch Meghan on The View today be disgustingly disrespectful to Senator Warnock, to the point that Whoopie had to cut her off !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rBYonlLGqk:570

but did you notice...? listen closely as Joy finishes speaking... you can hear Meghan sighing "Thank God" (or maybe it was "Oh God")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rBYonlLGqk:796

and did you see... she lost her train of thought and had to hand things off (audio is low in this clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxpOi5X9b9Y:962

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rBYonlLGqk:570

but did you notice...? listen closely as Joy finishes speaking... you can hear Meghan sighing "Thank God" (or maybe it was "Oh God")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rBYonlLGqk:796

and did you see... she lost her train of thought and had to hand things off (audio is low in this clip)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxpOi5X9b9Y:962

YES, she said OH GOD, but she always has no patience for Joy. and I think she lost her train of thought because she was being reprimanded in her earpiece... And then the producer came on at the end and explained why Meghan was cut off from speaking, but it was all just damage control.

Meghan is a LIABILITY to the show.

• 1 month later...

Seems to me that Joy is losing it. As my late Jewish mother would say, Joy is getting "ibberbuttle," aka senile.

Nah, I dont think shes senile, just extremely frustrated, wanting to see accountibilty for Jan 6th, but it is not looking good for her. The more she thinks about an aquittle, the angrier she is getting. I feel her pain, I feel likewise.,

• 2 weeks later...

With some of her hair and makeup choices lately, it seems to me that Meghan wants to be a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race. Today she was channeling Marie Antoinette. I kept expecting her to say "Let them eat cake!"

need to look that up today. but if u think about it, if she's doing all the hairdo herself to look like a drag queen, that's pretty impressive.

I watch because I enjoy the way the panel takes on politics, and political figures. And I enjoy the way Meghan thinks its HER show and tries to steamroll the panel BUT gets shutdown by Whoopie. I find it entertaining.

I greatly respected John McCain, Meghan's dad and Roberta McCain as well. I wouldn't enjoy Meghan making a complete foul of herself

Meghan and Joy seem to be getting along better lately, but I wanted Joy (or somebody else) to ask Meghan if she'd been watching Disney programming with her daughter this morning and it inspired her to do her hair in a salute to Minnie Mouse.

Today, Meghan channeled :Little Mermaid, with long beachy waves, plus Diamonte' eye liner..... Maybe shes practicing for RuPauls Drag Race ?

With some of her hair and makeup choices lately, it seems to me that Meghan wants to be a contestant on RuPaul's Drag Race. Today she was channeling Marie Antoinette. I kept expecting her to say "Let them eat cake!"

need to look that up today. but if u think about it, if she's doing all the hairdo herself to look like a drag queen, that's pretty impressive.

nothing's little about her starting at her ego... picture the rest.

Meghan McCain responds to critics of her hair and makeup on 'The View': 'Let a b**** live!'

Meghan McCain knows you're talking about her hair and makeup — but it's all in the name of experimentation.

On Thursday, The View co-host addressed recent comments about her ever-changing hairstyles, ranging from sleek ponytails to curly tendril upsweeps and glittery roots, not to mention her colorful eye makeup. "People have a lot to say about me in general but in regards to my hair and makeup…" McCain tweeted. "I'm just having fun switching up, playing around and experimenting. It's COVID and I just had a baby, let a bitch live!"

Earlier this month, after criticism for a super-high ponytail she achieved with hair extensions, McCain tweeted, "Can a bitch experiment with extensions and hair pieces? It's the pandemic, I don't have that much to entertain me anymore." She also called out her "incredible, talented, creative" hairstylist Carmen Currie (who also does McCain's makeup), sharing a compilation of her work on Instagram. "Thank you…for making me feel human again after giving birth!" she wrote.

A Thursday interview with White House press secretary Jen Psaki elicited jokes about the TV host going to "prom" and her "soap opera hair." Though one fan called it "art."

And a lighthearted Twitter thread compared McCain's eclectic hairstyles to decadent desserts such as pastries and cupcakes.

Last month, McCain retweeted a screenshot of herself wearing yellow eyeshadow writing, "Can a bitch experiment with her makeup?! I liked it!" Though McCain was called a Star Trek and Real Housewife cast member, one responded that experimentation is a "simple joy" during the pandemic and that her look was on-trend. "People will always find something about you they dislike because they don’t like the policy you espouse," wrote someone else.

Many joked that McCain's hairstylist was "trolling" the co-host. Currie did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Yahoo Life.

As a conservative member of The View, McCain is used to defending her opinions, but she draws the line at comments about her appearance. "I hope this doesn’t come across as arrogant in any way, but I think I’m really good at talking about politics,” she said in a March episode of The View. “It’s the only thing I think I’m really good at. But I would like to talk about politics and not have every comment be about the way I look and my weight. It makes you feel weird. Men just don’t have that problem."

https://www.aol.com/lifestyle/meghan-mccain-responds-critics-her-195434674.html

Eu3LgV_VcAAUN3u?format=png&name=240x240Eu3LhxqUcAA75gX?format=png&name=240x240

Eu3JqCwU4AIbbMQ?format=png&name=240x240Eu3JrwlU4AYNfOJ?format=png&name=240x240

• 4 weeks later...
Meghan McCain & Joy Behar threw down on live TV today.

I HATE meghan, always have, and I was hoping she wouldnt come back.... But she did, and back to her old obnoxious ways..... And its obvious the other ladies feel the same, and are over HER. The show is so tense with her there. Hoping the producers get smart and can her ass ? They need Ana Navarro as a "regular" host.

Seems to me that Joy is losing it. As my late Jewish mother would say, Joy is getting "ibberbuttle," aka senile.

if u think about it, if she's doing all the hairdo herself to look like a drag queen, that's pretty impressive.

nothing's little about her starting at her ego... picture the rest.

John Oliver rips Meghan McCain for hypocrisy of 'Stop Asian Hate' tweet

On Last Week Tonight With John Oliver Sunday, Oliver opened the show addressing the rise in violence against Asian Americans over the last year, which many believe is due to rhetoric used by people in power when referencing COVID-19. Former President Donald Trump came under fire for constantly referring to it as “the China virus,” and refused to stop using the term despite warnings of where it might lead.

“Just last year, many were loudly warning that Trump calling COVID names like "the China virus" was likely to lead to a rise in violence against people of Asian descent,” Oliver said, “an argument that at the time, not everyone seemed to find convincing.”

As for those who did not find those warnings convincing, Oliver singled out The View co-host Meghan McCain, who last year had this to say when discussing the phrase “China virus.”.

“I think if the left wants to focus on PC labeling this virus, it is a great way to get Trump reelected,” McCain said. “I don't have a problem with people calling it whatever they want. It's a deadly virus that did originate in Wuhan (China). I don't have a problem with it.”

Oliver castigated McCain for not heeding the warnings about the consequences of such rhetoric at the time.

“Oh, good, Meghan McCain doesn't have a problem with it,” Oliver said. “Listen not to the scores of Asian Americans telling everyone that the term is dangerous and offensive! Instead, gather round, and take the word of a wealthy white woman who's dressed like she's about to lay off 47 people over zoom.”

Following the shooting spree in Georgia last week that left eight people dead, six of them Asian women, McCain posted a tweet in support of Asian Americans.

But to Oliver, the damage caused by the sentiment McCain and others espoused has already been done.

“A fine sentiment to throw up on Twitter after the fact,” Oliver said, “but there has to be an understanding that saying ‘I don’t have a problem with calling it the China virus’ is very much giving space for that hate to grow.”

BTW, apropos of nothing, wouldn't this thread be more interesting if the headline read Meghan McCain & Joy Behar threw UP on live TV today?