Nurse suspended after having sex with COVID patient

Lchnsf
This topic is 1209 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I bit of a risky move - if memory serves Indonesia still does not offer any protections to the LGBTQ community. ?‍♂️

The last sentence of that article indicates they could face up to 10 years in jail "if convicted." I'm guessing that just means "if convicted of having gay sex." If so, then one has to wonder what the guy who posted all of those details was thinking.

The last sentence of that article indicates they could face up to 10 years in jail "if convicted." I'm guessing that just means "if convicted of having gay sex." If so, then one has to wonder what the guy who posted all of those details was thinking.

Per usual with a lot of guys, he allowed his carnal urges to supersede his common sense....

Per usual with a lot of guys, he allowed his carnal urges to supersede his common sense....

That explains having sex. I am not questioning that. I don't expect gay men in societies where being gay is illegal to just forego sex. To post the details on social media is what seems incredibly stupid to me, and I don't see how carnal urges were in control there.

I'm hoping the charge would be the same, "sex with patient", regardless of sex of either party. Even if not convicted, I'll bet you he never works in nursing again.

The article indicates that both men risk prosecution and jail time, not just the nurse. What would the charge against the patient be if not simply a charge against him for having gay sex?

That explains having sex.

No it doesn’t. The human man’s ability to think rationally and use common sense, to make appropriate sexual decisions, is what’s supposed to place us at the highest level of existence above other animals. This isn’t a “sexual freedom” issue here (which your posts seem to imply). This is a common sense issue, with both the laws of the land (where this took place, which he knowingly risked his freedom) and a health issue, as a trusted medical

professional’s acts could have caused an outbreak amongst his peers and others. He also compromised his own health, just to get laid.

No it doesn’t. The human man’s ability to think rationally and use common sense, to make appropriate sexual decisions, is what’s supposed to place us at the highest level of existence above other animals. This isn’t a “sexual freedom” issue here (which your posts seem to imply). This is a common sense issue, with both the laws of the land (where this took place, which he knowingly risked his freedom) and a health issue, as a trusted medical

professional’s acts could have caused an outbreak amongst his peers and others. He also compromised his own health, just to get laid.

I think you are misunderstanding me. My points are this:

I understand that "carnal urges" will cause men to have sex with other men, even when that activity is illegal. Hell, most of us here are of the age where gay sex was still illegal in many parts of the U.S. and we didn't abstain.

That doesn't mean that I absolve people of the responsibility to make wise decisions. Having sex at work is riskier than having sex at home. I assume there are professional ethics involved in nurses having sex with patients at work, too. And, as you noted, there is a pandemic going on so removing protective equipment and engaging in sex with a known infected person when one is in a position to interact with a lot of other patients is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

My second post was simply a response to the notion that "carnal urges" explained the nurse's behavior. My response was intended to convey that carnal urges explain the sex act itself, but not posting information about that sex act. It in no way was intended to analyze the reasonableness of that specific sexual encounter given all of the other factors involved. Obviously it was irresponsible on a number of levels, but given that some men do think with their "little heads" more than their brains when they are turned on the poor choices made (by both parties, not just the nurse) does fall under that description of "carnal urges."