The Joys of Frivolous Sex

Luv2play
This topic is 1216 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

An article in the NYTimes today by Megan Nolan from the New Statesman outlines in exquisite detail the dilemma of a single person during this pandemic. If you can read it. Sums up my attitude completely.

Thank you for pointing out the article. I had seen it earlier today and scrolled right by it forgetting to go back to read it.

I agree - it really summed up my attitude, especially around the end of May. By then, the only physical contact I had made with anyone in two and a half months was when I visited the health center for a blood draw. No hugs, no handshakes, no haircuts, nothing. Not even a meal with anyone sitting across the table from me and the only time I had been in the same room as anyone else was during my weekly trip to the grocery.

So when I needed to attend a June family funeral, I was more than ready to go - more to be around someone rather than to pay my respects. Since then, I realized I needed be comfortable going out following guidelines by maintaining social distance and wearing masks.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/22/travel/Quebec-City-vacation-at-home.html

If this link works, it's thanks to Lucky, who gave me some instructions.

Link works great thanks. A twist, I know that I pointed out to others, those of us who don’t subscribe get hit by a pay wall, can’t read the article. Similar for WSJ and even my local LA Times. Nothing that you as a poster can do about it… Keep posting those links!

Link works great thanks. A twist, I know that I pointed out to others, those of us who don’t subscribe get hit by a pay wall, can’t read the article. Similar for WSJ and even my local LA Times. Nothing that you as a poster can do about it… Keep posting those links!

Thanks, now that I know how, I’ll do it when appropriate.

An article in the NYTimes today by Megan Nolan from the New Statesman outlines in exquisite detail the dilemma of a single person during this pandemic.

It's sounds, at the very least, something I'd want to read.

Thank you for pointing out the article. I had seen it earlier today and scrolled right by it forgetting to go back to read it.

I wish I had better self-discipline this year. I have a raging sex drive much of the time. Glad I invested in toys.

Why write about an article without posting a link?

Because I don’t know how to post a link.

That's okay. I just assumed you read the article in the physical newspaper.

NORMAN, IS THAT YOU?

That’s Psycho.

An on-duty Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputy allegedly had sex with a woman near the Bates Motel section of the Universal Studios lot — and accidentally left his microphone on for a dispatcher to hear a blow-by-blow of the sleazy romp.

TMZ obtained a clip of the X-rated encounter between the unnamed deputy and a woman near the section of the lot in Universal City devoted to the Alfred Hitchcock classic.

“Oh,” the giggling woman moans at one point. “Oh, my goodness!”

A female dispatcher then alerts the deputy that he had an “open mic” as the woman continues to moan and breathe heavily.

“95 Ocean, you have an open mic,” the dispatcher implores the deputy to no avail as the woman continues to moan on the clip. “95 Ocean, you have an open mic — take care of mic.”

The woman then quiets down as the minute-long clip ends. The deputy does not respond to the dispatcher on the portion obtained by the TMZ — and it’s unclear whether he was inside his patrol cruiser or was outside the vehicle nearby.

The deputy — who has not been publicly identified — has been removed from duty as an internal investigation unfolds, department officials said.

“The deputy was immediately relieved of duty and an administrative investigation has been opened,” sheriff’s officials told The Post in a statement early Wednesday. “The deputy’s peace officer powers have been suspended and proper administrative action will be taken, based on the outcome of the investigation.”

A sheriff’s department spokesman declined to release additional information when reached for comment, including how long the deputy has been employed by the department.

That's why I don't have one. Couldn't figure out the process.

I may have forgotten how...but try clicking on the generic avatar you have- the big L. You should get a box asking if you want a custom avatar. If so, enter the link for it where suggested...try this link just to see if it works:

https://playdoh.hasbro.com/images/faq_mascot.png

It should turn out like this:

faq_mascot.png

An article in the NYTimes today by Megan Nolan from the New Statesman outlines in exquisite detail the dilemma of a single person during this pandemic. If you can read it. Sums up my attitude completely.

on a related subject more and more men and women (gay and straight) remain single, buy a home on their own, etc.

A must read:

9780143122777-l.jpg

This must have been written before last March.

Certainly!

It's mostly about the phenomena of so many folks living unmarried, single and occasionally dating. Most gay men can relate to that.

Don't worry, hold on, life will be back in a few months as long as the vaccination is not boycotted.

Edited by marylander1940

From your lips to Gods ears; However I suspect it'll take most of 2021.

Yeah unfortunately seeing some projections that it'll take until about Q1 of 2022.

Sigh.

The only frivolous sex going on here is with my hand. Hubbies sex drive is in the toilet it seems and he refuses to go to the doctor (I'm convinced it's low testosterone) but can't force someone to do something they don't want to do.

Actually...you can bypass paywalls. Have you looked into the Brave browser? It runs on open source Chromium backbone and does all sorts of cool stuff. https://brave.com/