I SCATEGORICALLY DENY IT!

samhexum
This topic is 1197 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Lamar Jackson denies pooping during ‘Monday Night Football’

The Ravens won 47-42 on Monday night, and despite much speculation, Lamar Jackson says he did not take the Browns to the Super Bowl in the process.

During the fourth quarter, Jackson, 23, jogged to the locker room for what was described by the ESPN broadcast as “cramps.”

But Jackson’s sudden departure, captured by the broadcast, led fans on social media to speculate that he needed to go for two.

Jackson returned a series later to throw a touchdown on fourth down to Marquise Brown that gave the Ravens a 42-35 lead with 1:51 to go in the game before eventually leading Baltimore on a game-winning drive in the final minute.

“I didn’t pull a Paul Pierce,” Jackson said in reference to the former Boston Celtics star, who was carried off the court in a wheelchair for an apparent bathroom break during the 2008 playoffs.

Instead, Jackson said, he had run to the locker room to get treatment for cramps because of the cold and required intravenous fluids.

But before Jackson’s explanation, fans on Twitter ran wild with speculation.

After Cleveland tied the game later, Jackson led the Ravens back down the field, setting up Justin Tucker for the go-ahead field goal with two seconds left. A kickoff, a series of laterals and a safety later the Ravens moved to 8-5, a game behind the 9-4 Browns.

Lamar Jackson’s COVID-19 theory throws wrinkle into pooping controversy

Duty calls, but so does COVID-19.

Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson caused a stirwhen he left in the middle of the fourth quarter of the Ravens’ eventual 47-42 win over the Browns on Monday night. When cameras caught the 2019 MVP jogging to the locker room, many thought he was “pulling a Paul Pierce,” who famously left during Game 1 of the 2008 NBA Finals and revealed years later that it was to keep from pooping himself on national TV.

But Jackson, who has denied the notion that he had to go number two and said it was just cramps, revealed that his recent bout with coronavirus could be to blame for his sudden cramping.

“Probably. Probably because of the body heat and we’re running in the cold,” he told reporters, per ESPN. “It was so cold out there. That probably had an effect on that as well. I can’t call it.”

After testing positive for COVID-19 on Thanksgiving, Jackson was “hit pretty hard” by the virus’ symptoms, according to team officials. Jackson said he spent most of his 10-day quarantine sleeping before returning to the team on Dec 6.

Jackson retreated to the locker room for 13 minutes during Monday’s dramatic win in Cleveland, in which the Ravens improved to 8-5. He said he had cramping his throwing arm and both calves.

“I was real-life cramping, like my hand, my throwing arm cramping, forearm cramping, fingers getting stuck together,” Jackson said. “I was going through it. I was ticked off.”

After returning with less than two minutes left on the clock, Jackson threw a 44-yard touchdown pass to Marquise Brown, then set up Baltimore in field goal range for Justin Tucker’s game-winning 55-yard kick.