Is he really THAT handsome?

This topic is 1221 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

In my never-ending search for great J/O material, I came across Andrew Biernat, who certainly is quite J/O worthy. As I read up on him, I found out that he's graced the covers of over 400 romance novels, and has done tons of other modeling work. Well, I think he's super-handsome, no doubt, but I also come across tons of other men who seem equally handsome to me, and who haven't had 1% of the success he has. Do any of you have any sense as to why he's so incredibly successful? Is he really that better looking than other models? Something about his look? Is his agent/agency more aggressive perhaps? What do you think?

https://toofab.com/2020/11/20/andrew-biernat-cover-400-romance-novels/

Andrew-Biernat174.jpg

Andrew-Biernat464.jpg

In my never-ending search for great J/O material, I came across Andrew Biernat, who certainly is quite J/O worthy. As I read up on him, I found out that he's graced the covers of over 400 romance novels, and has done tons of other modeling work. Well, I think he's super-handsome, no doubt, but I also come across tons of other men who seem equally handsome to me, and who haven't had 1% of the success he has. Do any of you have any sense as to why he's so incredibly successful? Is he really that better looking than other models? Something about his look? Is his agent/agency more aggressive perhaps? What do you think?

Andrew-Biernat174.jpg

Andrew-Biernat464.jpg

Models, actors, etc. go to many castings hoping to finally get discovered. Some are able to make a living, most of them give up. Unfortunately sometimes is not only about look but about connections, who they sleep with, and timing.

I'm sure if you live in the LA area you've met many actors and models waiting tables while trying to make it.

I'm sure if you live in the LA area you've met many actors and models waiting tables while trying to make it.

Well, I'll be living in LA soon enough! Hopefully, assuming things don't work out with "Quinn" or "Lindoro," one of these men will be sleeping with me! ;) So you'd agree that he's not qualitatively more attractive than most of the other less successful models out there? I mean, no doubt, I'd pay big $$$ to do him. But I'd say the same about tons of other men.

Models, actors, etc. go to many castings hoping to finally get discovered. Some are able to make a living, most of them give up. Unfortunately sometimes is not only about look but about connections, who they sleep with, and timing.

It is also about talent, acting and singing talent plus perseverance. And being in the right place at the right time.

Well, I'll be living in LA soon enough! Hopefully, assuming things don't work out with "Quinn" or "Lindoro," one of these men will be sleeping with me! ;) So you'd agree that he's not qualitatively more attractive than most of the other less successful models out there? I mean, no doubt, I'd pay big $$$ to do him. But I'd say the same about tons of other men.

Sorry hard to keep up with your housing and romance situation ;). I think he's a 10!

It's think being successful or not as an actor or model depends on looks, timing, connections, and specially luck.

Bettie Page's iconic haircut was recommended to her by a photographer who complained about her large forehead and how hard it was to get a good picture of her...

width=342pxhttps://i.redd.it/4unqoedrr2z51.jpg[/img]width=563pxhttps://www.legacy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/bettie-page-surprising-facts-1600x500-1-1200x900.jpg[/img]

It is also about talent, acting and singing talent plus perseverance. And being in the right place at the right time.

That's a whole different subject... the OP @Unicorn is specifically talking about models and actors.

Of course singers and dancers must have talent but connections (vertical and horizontal) matter too.

Edited by marylander1940

Andrew-Biernat174.jpg

Andrew-Biernat464.jpg

To tell the truth, I wouldn't have realized these were all photos of the same guy, so it may be the versatility of his image that makes him saleable.

To tell the truth, I wouldn't have realized these were all photos of the same guy, so it may be the versatility of his image that makes him saleable.

You may be onto something. Here's another photo, with a completely different look:

Andrew-Biernat119.jpg

Sorry hard to keep up with your housing and romance situation ;). I think he's a 10!

It's think being successful or not as an actor or model depends on looks, timing, connections, and specially luck.

Bettie Page's iconic haircut was recommended to her by a photographer who complained about her large forehead and how hard it was to get a good picture of her...

width=342pxhttps://i.redd.it/4unqoedrr2z51.jpg[/img]width=563pxhttps://www.legacy.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/bettie-page-surprising-facts-1600x500-1-1200x900.jpg[/img]

That's a whole different subject... the OP @Unicorn is specifically talking about models and actors.

Of course singers and dancers must have talent but connections (vertical and horizontal) matter too.

How many actors/actresses do you know?

Without at least some talent (acting, especially), connections ONLY don't help much.

Edited by WilliamM

One male model I follow talked about slimy behavior by some photographers as well as the low pay.

So kudos to this guy. At least he seems to earn a living.

Why is he successful? He admits learning what it takes for a good shot. And don't you expect romance books sell with him on the cover? He is selling romance content, not J/O content.