ADVICE to your Younger Self

orville
This topic is 1226 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

width=285pxhttps://twistedsifter.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/celebs-with-their-younger-self11.jpg[/img]

I've noticed we have, among providers and clients, most generations in this forum, from Silents to Boomers like me, to the most recent Gen Z.

So I thought of a new thread that could be also a game where we can all play and, why not, learn from each other. I'll put my answer on the 1st comment.

Here it goes:

You can give UP TO 3 Pieces of Advice to your younger self to have a better life in the future. What would it be?

Ideally, you're in your middle age now and you give your advice to yourself in your 20s - not set in stone though.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Love yourself...genuinely.

2. Verbalize every day at least 3 things you are grateful for before getting out of bed and before going to sleep. Listen to each one of them.

3. It is okay not to be okay. Recognize what you are not okay with, seek to understand the cause(s), and commit to doing at least one thing you acknowledge on how to address the cause(s), including but not limited to getting professional help.

Strive to be a good student and retain what you learn.

Remember that it's not what you know that makes you smart, it's how you apply what you know.

Do not neglect your physical health.

Try to not overthink difficulties.

Everything that is on your mind should not come out of your mouth (I'm way too late with that one).

Do not confuse the cost of a gift with the value of a gift.

1. Invest early in Microsoft.

2. Invest early in Apple.

3. Invest early in Amazon.

Bonus advice... any of the decisions you're going to make in the next 40 years, DON'T DO IT!

Dont think your sparkling personality will be enough.....you need a Big cock and good body....? ?

But if you don't have either, make sure your personality is exceptionally sparkling, and your bank account is exceptionally large.

Bonus advice... any of the decisions you're going to make in the next 40 years, DON'T DO IT!

But if you don't have either, make sure your personality is exceptionally sparkling, and your bank account is exceptionally large.

4. Invest in Uber.

Trust your instincts

Allow people to help you

Invest as early as you can

Invest in Logan Circle even if they call you crazy. width=46pxhttps://s3.amazonaws.com/pix.iemoji.com/images/emoji/apple/ios-12/256/white-heavy-check-mark.png[/img]

Trust but verify.

Help others.

Be grateful you were born a U.S. citizen.

I wish I could go back on time and tell others to wear condoms in the 80's, many will be alive. Some friends citing Tuskegee (then and now because of Covid-19) distrusted science and paid the consequences.

Invest your money and invest in YOURSELF

4. Invest in Uber.

In summary, invest in stocks, that market goes up over the longer term. Recognise the power of compound interest, but picking winning stocks is a mug's game. Also, buy a house when and where you can afford it even if you only half like the area. Above all, do what makes you happy, not what you think you should do, or worse what others think you should.

In summary, invest in stocks, that market goes up over the longer term. Recognise the power of compound interest, but picking winning stocks is a mug's game. Also, buy a house when and where you can afford it even if you only half like the area. Above all, do what makes you happy, not what you think you should do, or worse what others think you should.

if investing in the market was easy everybody would do it.

owning a home was a logical choice to me and still is to most Americans but is no longer the right thing for most millennials. In some cases renting with friends/couple is more convenient and allows them more freedom.

Relax--you don't have as much control over things as you think you have, and a lot of them aren't as important as you think they are.

You won't know what you should have done until it's probably too late to do anything about it.

In the long run, taking care of your teeth is more important than worrying about your hair.

1. Find and maintain friendships with people who truly care about you. They may be different people during different periods of your life, and understand - recognized they many not be there for long periods of time. You only need one or two.

2. Be kind in life as much as possible as life is not easy for everyone. Also, understand there is a big difference between being kind and being nice.

3. Unconditional love is rare and all good things in your life will flow from such relationship(s). These relationships requires you to be vulnerable, and it will be painful. Do not assume your parents and/or family of origin will automatically have your back on this one.

• Running from the inescapable can sometimes save your life, and other times just leave you winded, with cramps in place of your dignity
  • Stay curious, expose yourself to what’s foreign, and try it. You may love it, and may even prove a good guide for someone else with curiosity.
  • Buy fewer things, do more things.