Self-care for December 2020

CheckCar
This topic is 1236 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The longer the pandemic persists, the less effective some of my self-care strategies seem to be. The isolation, along with the trauma of covid infections among family and friends, has worn me down.

How (if at all) are you updating your self-care regimen as the combined weight of covid, economic downturns, isolation, etc. continues and intensifies?

I try to stay optimistic, decrease my viewing of CNN and MSNBC and resort to British America, PBS, "Democracy Now" and other independent news outlets, read the many books that I've accumulated recently, take my 2+ mile walk when it's sunny and warm, ring family and certain friends during each month, eat healthily, think and reflect as positively as I can and hope for it all to end and revert to the so-called "new normal."

One thing I'm trying to do is a crossword puzzle several days a week. So far, I'm 1 for 72 in being able to complete one without "cheating."

I can't tell if the denominator is just for puzzles 'started' or puzzles 'completed' - if the latter, u saying u completed 71 of 72 with 'cheating?'