Ashton McKay in town!

This topic is 1203 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

He could have at least reply... Damn, maybe you were saved from a bad experience.

I know right! Hell if I was on RM I would answer every message even if I knew I couldn't meet up. Just good customer service, lol

OMG he responded after I called him out. Said to come down to Tampa and then he said if I was serious I could send a down payment. I told him he should know better and that's a huge red flag for anyone seriously into this hobby.

AVOID at all costs. He has been hitting me up asking for 500 via cashapp so he knows I'm serious. He's not even in my town right now, and asked if I could fly him up and 2k-5k for an overnight/weekend. I'm so over this hobby. Seamus ruined me, he was the best.

AVOID at all costs. He has been hitting me up asking for 500 via cashapp so he knows I'm serious. He's not even in my town right now, and asked if I could fly him up and 2k-5k for an overnight/weekend. I'm so over this hobby. Seamus ruined me, he was the best.

That really sucks. I was about to say he probably had listed your city in his profile because someone else might have been either flying him there or thought he had a good overnight booked and was seeing what other business he might be able to find while there. But if you offered what you offered etc.. and he's not evaluating it properly then yeah unfortunately red flags. Hopefully you have better luck with some of your other fave's and pursuits.

That really sucks. I was about to say he probably had listed your city in his profile because someone else might have been either flying him there or thought he had a good overnight booked and was seeing what other business he might be able to find while there. But if you offered what you offered etc.. and he's not evaluating it properly then yeah unfortunately red flags. Hopefully you have better luck with some of your other fave's and pursuits.

Thanks, yeah I thought that as well, I mean why would he come to Columbus? I really appreciate the sentiment, I've been wanting to treat myself and everyone has just been a big disappointment.

So he messaged me back a few times and after my last message where I told him I'd hire if he was back but that I don't pre-pay, he messaged me "That's not how I do business". Epic fail on my part apparently. I give up.

So he messaged me back a few times and after my last message where I told him I'd hire if he was back but that I don't pre-pay, he messaged me "That's not how I do business". Epic fail on my part apparently. I give up.

You did everything right (except miss his quick recent visit??). Pre-pay has been much-discussed here for years and is typically not at all encouraged. He may have a Columbus "anchor client" and might have been looking for a new one. If you're still "speaking" to him and still want to meet him, your options include waiting until he returns or taking a Florida vacation this winter! If it makes you feel any better, I doubt he still looks like the Ashton of eight years ago when he was just starting.

• 1 month later...

Seamus? Please elaborate.

One of the things I love about this site is the way it offers constant reminders of how different tastes can be. I look at Ashton McKay and he does nothing for me. I look at Seamus O'Reilly and start figuring out how long it takes to drive to Nashville, because I love everything about him.

One of the things I love about this site is the way it offers constant reminders of how different tastes can be. I look at Ashton McKay and he does nothing for me. I look at Seamus O'Reilly and start figuring out how long it takes to drive to Nashville, because I love everything about him.

Really? We should be best friends - our taste in men is very different; no man will ever come between us! lol

31R87ZFNYKL._AC_.jpg