Clarify shorthand

Guest wolverine
This topic is 8599 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest DJPerez

Happy to oblige! Here are a few....

LOL - Laughter On Line

IMO - In My Opinion

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion

AFAIK - As Far As I Know

ISO - In Search of

And Finally....

ROTFLMAO - Rolling On the Floor Laughing My Ass Off!

Hope this helps! Anyone have other choice bits?

Peace And Pleasure!

David, Your Boston Masseur

DJPWorld@yahoo.com

Guest allansmith63

LAST EDITED ON Sep-01-00 AT 05:55PM (EST)[p]

Ok, Gardener, I'll bite - what does BRB mean?

A.

Never mind, figured it out. - be right back, right?

LOL seems to me to be the least conclusive one. In context it seems to me it could either mean Laughing Out Loud or Lots Of Love. Actually, it could usually mean both since the two emotions are so closely related. Perhaps I'm showing my age, but does anyone ever use XOXOX anymore? It used to mean hugs and kisses when it was on the end of a snail mail letter.

XOXOX LOL ;-)

Guest Tampa Yankee

LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-00 AT 09:42AM (EST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Sep-02-00 AT 09:32 AM (EST)

Gee Bilbo, and I thought it was some x-football jock's (you?) glyph for an intimate scrimmage!! ;-)

Haven't played real football since 9th grade, but we were the city champs! I just loved penetrating the offensive line, grabbing some guy and thowing him to the ground, landing on top of him ... I remember one time I had one hand on each ankle of a big bruiser who dragged me for twenty yards and a touch down. Good thing that was just in practice with my own team. But it was so much fun, it just didn't occur to me to put the two together.

Archived