Does anyone got Covid-19 from a massage?

7829V
This topic is 1261 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know is hard to pin point sometimes how you got infected. But just wondering if anyone thinks that the infection happened during the massage session.

I've only seen two masseurs since March, I haven't had Covid, but for me that would be the most likely way I could get it, since I take all the other precautions and I hardly go out.

I was very good at not meeting anyone not even opening this forum for six months... but I broke down in late September :(

Edited by 7829V

I know is hard to pin point sometimes how you got infected. But just wondering if anyone thinks that the infection happened during the massage session.

I've only seen two masseurs since March, I haven't had Covid, but for me that would be the most likely way I could get it, since I take all the other precautions and I hardly go out.

I was very good and not meeting anyone not even opening this forum for six months... but I broke down in late September :(

Well all of your Forum buddies are safe - we're virtual. Allow yourself some diversion. I've recently posted about my very limited massages since the lockdown. I believe it can be done safely but everyone has a different comfort level from complete abstinence to going to spas. I haven't seen anyone share an experience on the Forum of getting COVID from a massage. Let's hope the trend continues. The masseur has to earn a living but doesn't want to get sick either. I seek a massage for relaxation and human touch. If I have to be uncomfortable mounting the table and then start a 14-day countdown to COVID, I may as well stay home and not get one.

It's definitely a risk, but if you both wear masks and keep the room well-ventilated (keep the windows and/or AC fan running), that definitely mitigates the risk. You can also have him wash his hands before he touches you.

I did get COVID back in late March/early April. I suspect I got it from a single Lyft passenger who was coughing next to me on St. Patrick's Day, right before everything closed. This was before masks were really used often so I didn't have that to protect me and the trip was a fairly long one (about a half-hour) so I definitely could've been exposed.

COVID is really rough so I recommend doing everything you can to avoid it. To me the precautions I mention are helpful, but I honestly would probably avoid meeting up with any masseurs if I lived in an area with a lot of cases and signs of community transmission (above 5% positivity rate is usually a sign of that). Right now in Colorado we are above that so I am holding off on any hiring now even though I possibly have some immunity from having it in the spring. Wouldn't want to risk passing it on to others even if I wouldn't necessarily get sick.