Parliament House CLOSING!

This topic is 1263 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

https://www.joemygod.com/2020/10/orlandos-parliament-house-to-close-after-45-years/

Really sad news today, the infamous Parliament House gay resort/nightclub in Orlando is closing November 2nd. I use to go every time I went to Orlando on business, it was a lot of fun. This also marks the last of the big gay resorts in Florida which included Suncoast in St. Petersburg and The Flamingo also in St. Pete.

I’m so conflicted over news like this. As much as I love that I feel “normal” at regular hotels when I travel, there is/was always something super special about having our hotels, our bars, our recreation, our travel destinations, our resorts etc for just us.

I guess it’s nice that being gay is becoming more and more ok.

I’m so conflicted over news like this. As much as I love that I feel “normal” at regular hotels when I travel, there is/was always something super special about having our hotels, our bars, our recreation, our travel destinations, our resorts etc for just us.

I guess it’s nice that being gay is becoming more and more ok.

This is what we wanted. To be just like everyone else. Equals.

Gay culture (and subculture) has been bastardized/commercialized by the straight community for awhile now.

It's all just par for the course at this point.

I was not surprised to hear about this but it does mark another closing of an era, not just an individual enterprise, and so I feel a little bit nostalgic. But as others have noted, many of these places have outlived their usefulness or relevance.

The younger gays probably don’t value these places as they live their lives differently now, for many reasons. The old ones like myself don’t patronize them either, for different reasons. I stayed at Parliament House back in the 90’s and 00’s. It was a lot of fun but I was much younger and loved raunchy places. Now I just like raunchy men!

I prefer more luxurious places to stay and dine. Of course, meeting up with providers is so much easier today and more predictable in who you are engaging to have some fun with. I haven’t picked up someone in a bar or gay resort for about 20 years or when the Internet really took off.

As the saying goes, Sic transit Gloria.

I hear you. The old adage has some truth to it. Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

Welp, learned something new again. All this time I thought that line came from "When I Grow Up" by the Pussycat Dolls.

Edited by JoeMendoza

The gay clothing optional hotels (resorts) in Palm Springs, CA appear to be doing quite well. The Hacienda, Santiago and INNdulge are all very well kept and well managed and seem to be prospering. There are several other, not quite so upscale, that also seems to be doing well. Not quite sure why this seems to be the case. Interesting that recently the entire city council was gay. Palm Springs has become a major winter destination site for gay snow birds from the mid west and east. Even though I'm not a big fan of Palm Springs I must admit that its winter weather can be beautiful.

checkout this video , i went there like 4-5 times a year, 8hr drive, I loved Mrs P , I was there the day the new owners took over. I had some fun , hot times there, you could meet lots of guys after the bar closed, . I even figured out to get a room on the parking lot side, So i could catch the Str8 guys that came by after they dropped off there girl friends, even had regulars Edited by johnjohn