November 2021- A Good Time To Travel To Broadway?

Lucky
This topic is 1290 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I have lots of hotel stays and points to use up, along with airline vouchers. They could all go to waste. I am thinking of booking now for New York/Broadway in November, 2021. (I may have to wait as it is more than a year ahead.) But I want to go. With Broadway closed until May, 2021, is it likely they will be open in November?

I will likely have to use my points and miles by the end of January. I am allowed to book up to a year ahead, so won't know the true COVID status when I book. It would be a gamble. It's hard to imagine theater being open given the prep time needed for the shows.

I will likely have to use my points and miles by the end of January. I am allowed to book up to a year ahead, so won't know the true COVID status when I book. It would be a gamble. It's hard to imagine theater being open given the prep time needed for the shows.

Well, I know some airlines (at least) will allow you to use expiring points/travel funds but then you can cancel that flight (if necessary) and extend the life of your travel points/funds. I would say check with each company you have points/miles for and see if that is possible.

If there are two things that right now give me the heebejeebes it’s air travel and theaters, sitting side by side in a stationary configuration for more than 10 min with who knows what...

There probably isn’t enough travel insurance available for me to buy that far ahead...but I heartily applaud your your passion as a motivator!!!! I hope you make the trip and have several of those magical moments only a play can deliver!

While it makes sense to plan for Broadway Nov 2021, it may pay you to do some research on whether you can roll the expiry date of any of the credits over and plan accordingly. Being stuck here, I'm looking at places in Australia that I might not otherwise have considered, and will look at other countries as travel to them is opened for us. The only airline credit I have has been extended to 31 Dec 22 by the airline so there's no urgency on that front, but I have a bit of a travel itch that I need to scratch.