RM “Chat with ...”

Daverwr
This topic is 1293 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Am I the only one that HATES the pop up “Chat with...” in the lower corner when you pull up a RM model? It infuriates me. Half the time I hit the “X” to close the window, it loads the chat window as if I want to chat. I hate it. Anyone else?

It is frustrating, that's for sure.

I'd say "hate" is a strong word for this, especially given how Fox News is always telling us about how the Left "hates" this and that. But yes, I agree - it is infuriating. I've never opted to chat in this venue. Does it really connect you with the provider?

Yes, it does. It isn't necessarily live chat, but it does open a window in which you can send a message.

The very few times I’ve tried to use it, the providers says “I don’t like this RM chat, let’s text”. But starting a chat does give RM admins evidence you contacted a provider via RM, you sometimes need that when posting a review.

I don't understand the difference between sending a message and that chat?! It seems redundant if already we can send internal messages and most seem to do so anyway using that mode.

Rentmen has realized that they have a stranglehold in the industry and as such, they're implementing changes that sometimes put the cart before the horse. While a lot of it is done to protect themselves and put the onus on providers and clients, some of it is just a gigantic pain in the ass.

They're the new RentBoy... That is, if RentBoy were run properly with an eye for actually making money :)

I hate the "chat" popup so much that I hired a highly talented sniper. I turned my computer on, opened the window next to it, and had the sniper set up in a high rise a block away. As soon as the chat box popped up, I signaled him and he took the shot! Blam! He hit the chat box right smack dab in the middle. It exploded and was now gone forever. It will never pop up again! But I am taking donations for a new computer...?. Don't let hate take you to extremes!