Strange Facebook friend request?

This topic is 1293 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm used to friend requests from patients (which I consider inappropriate and always decline), but I recently got a friend request from my home lending officer at my bank. Is this common practice? Or do you think he was trying to come onto me? (Not interested)

If the relationship was transactional, this seems odd.

if there was a friendly connection, it doesn’t seem odd.

If you’re uncomfortable, block him...

I wouldn't say this practice is commonplace, but it does happen. I always decline. I received a LinkedIn request from my mortgage loan office and declined it. A couple of hours later she sent an apology email. She opened LinkedIn and didn't un-check the "send requests to all of your contacts" box and it sent a request to all of her contacts. This was in 2007 and the platform has changed since then.

I'm used to friend requests from patients (which I consider inappropriate and always decline), but I recently got a friend request from my home lending officer at my bank. Is this common practice? Or do you think he was trying to come onto me? (Not interested)

I’m “Friends” with a few of my active doctors. I try to remember my place when viewing their posts. In rare cases I will respond to their posts, but never their personal or family posts. I felt honored when they made me a friend. And, yes, each of them are gay men.