Funny thing that happened Friday

Coolwave35
This topic is 1299 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I hired a new employee 3 weeks ago.

He hadn’t been receptive to constructive criticism and had a giant ego that led to difficulty during training.

I had a conversation with him Friday morning about his cell phone use violating our cell phone policy and that we needed to come up with a solution that put him in compliance and satisfied his need to “be available for emergencies.”

Rather than have the discussion he stormed out in disgust and quit.

As I was emptying the office fridge I saw the lunch he forgot to take with him and ate it for dinner.

There’s no point to this thread other than to hopefully elicit a chuckle at my pettiness.

He hadn’t been receptive to constructive criticism and had a giant ego that led to difficulty during training.

I had a conversation with him Friday morning about his cell phone use violating our cell phone policy and that we needed to come up with a solution that put him in compliance and satisfied his need to “be available for emergencies.”

As I was emptying the office fridge I saw the lunch he forgot to take with him and ate it for dinner.

There’s no point to this thread other than to hopefully elicit a chuckle at my pettiness.

Was the meal any good? ?

Sounds like Kushner!

When doing a fridge purge at work, we found a package of deli ham that had gone really bad. Looking at the dates on the package, and the store it was bought at, we realized it was from a co-worker who'd been fired; the date on the package was the date they fired him, he must've bought it on the way into work that day.

Reminds me many years ago when I hired a young, young programmer - gorgeous guy, long blonde hair, built; my office was on the second floor with a window overlooking the employee parking lot. I had arrived a little early, sipping my coffee and was gazing out the window, I saw him drive in, park, get out and stand by his car for a few minutes. Dude was taking a couple of last hits off a joint. Wha? He comes in, I pull him aside. High as fuck. Of course this was back in the dark ages when there was no point in keeping him, no matter how hot or how much I lusted after him, or how well he could code, I’m sure he inhaled.

Edited by KrisParr