RentMasseur.com "malicious link" warning

urbanfetish
This topic is 1316 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Anyone else getting a "malicious link" warning (actually a pair each time) when you open rentmasseur.com? It seems that my desktop doesn't like that site very much. I keep getting security alerts whenever I use the site on my desktop, but never on my phone.

It could be your anti-virus software that is detecting rentmasseur as an adult site.

Anyone else getting a "malicious link" warning (actually a pair each time) when you open rentmasseur.com? It seems that my desktop doesn't like that site very much. I keep getting security alerts whenever I use the site on my desktop, but never on my phone.

I would suggest not opening up the website at work :p

I had the same thing. It's because RentMasseur tries to drop an "ad tracker" onto your desktop. I think that this is so they can provided targetted ads to you. Your anti-virus sees this as potentially harmful. If you want the error to go away, you will have to ad an exception for Rentmasseur (but also realize that it will be adding a tracker to your desktop). I did this about a month ago and the problem went away.

It could be your anti-virus software that is detecting rentmasseur as an adult site.

Oh yeah, I'm sure it's my anti-virus. Sorry I didn't say that specifically. It doesn't do that with any other adult sites I use (and I am pretty careful about not exploring new sites. I tend to stick to the "tried and true" perverted sites.) ?

I had the same thing. It's because RentMasseur tries to drop an "ad tracker" onto your desktop. I think that this is so they can provided targetted ads to you. Your anti-virus sees this as potentially harmful. If you want the error to go away, you will have to ad an exception for Rentmasseur (but also realize that it will be adding a tracker to your desktop). I did this about a month ago and the problem went away.

Ok thanks. If that's all it is then I guess it's not any more intrusive than FB somehow knowing what cereal I buy... ?

Ok thanks. If that's all it is then I guess it's not any more intrusive than FB somehow knowing what cereal I buy... ?

Or that pair of shoes at Nordstrom that chased me around the internet for three days.

But seriously, I've never received a warning message when using rentmasseur.