Grieving Brazil guys

SirBillybob
This topic is 1294 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My current favourite provider in São Paulo, from Spring, is looking even better in his socials, though I don’t understand how improvement on perfection is even possible. His images are not done professionally though he is a natural physique competitor, more well built model than traditional bodybuilder. Admixture of four continents. He just comes at the lens hot in any random pose. Today he is mugging with a few fit female friends at their gym. He is functionally bi. Sigh. Fuck this pandemic. Hope to return with a vengeance.

Even if the pandemic wasn't happening, would travel to Brazil be advisable? The country seems to not be very stable at the moment.

Not sure what changes you mean outside of the pandemic ripple effects. I have been going regularly for many years and the relative level of stability seems not to have changed much. Are you perhaps making a blanket judgement without experience on the ground there, on the one hand, or are you a familiar traveller there, on the other, and there are specific unique deteriorations compared to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc years back that spur concern?

Brazil is not for everyone but I think there may be some extant issues exacerbated by novel coronavirus, not so much separate problems that would substantially impact on tourism if one hypothetically transcends the pandemic reality. Otherwise, unrest you may detect from media reports is ‘same old same old’.

The country cannot be beat if on your agenda is access to remarkable trade in structured settings. I was in tears having to cut my last extended trip short mid-March when my nation insisted on returning and self-isolating. I had just found a few top-drawer providers that exceeded the already good quality to be generally unearthed there.

Within weeks Quebec’s pandemic reality had become one of the worst shit shows for CoV incidence and mortality in the world. Generally things are no better here than at any point I have been in various Brazil locations. The citizens as a whole there are among the highest globally in terms of receptive intentionality with respect to vaccine options in the pipeline.

You will see me returning to Brazil much more enthusiastically than crossing the border a few miles from me.

Edited by SirBIllybob

Not sure what changes you mean outside of the pandemic ripple effects. I have been going regularly for many years and the relative level of stability seems not to have changed much. Are you perhaps making a blanket judgement without experience on the ground there, on the one hand, or are you a familiar traveller there, on the other, and there are specific unique deteriorations compared to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc years back that spur concern?

Brazil is not for everyone but I think there may be some extant issues exacerbated by novel coronavirus, not so much separate problems that would substantially impact on tourism if one hypothetically transcends the pandemic reality. Otherwise, unrest you may detect from media reports is ‘same old same old’.

The country cannot be beat if on your agenda is access to remarkable trade in structured settings. I was in tears having to cut my last extended trip short mid-March when my nation insisted on returning and self-isolating. I had just found a few top-drawer providers that exceeded the already good quality to be generally unearthed there.

Within weeks Quebec’s pandemic reality had become one of the worst shit shows for CoV incidence and mortality in the world. Generally things are no better here than at any point I have been in various Brazil locations. The citizens as a whole there are among the highest globally in terms of receptive intentionality with respect to vaccine options in the pipeline.

You will see me returning to Brazil much more enthusiastically than crossing the border a few miles from me.

My news come from the general world news but also from a few Brazilians I know. The unrest seems to have heated up more than say 2-3 years ago given the political situation much like various extremists have become more visible and vocal in the US since Trump's presidency.

One Brazilian though told me that Brazil is larger than Europe so saying there's "unrest in Brazil" is a bit of a too big a statement simply given the size of the country.

My news come from the general world news but also from a few Brazilians I know. The unrest seems to have heated up more than say 2-3 years ago given the political situation much like various extremists have become more visible and vocal in the US since Trump's presidency.

One Brazilian though told me that Brazil is larger than Europe so saying there's "unrest in Brazil" is a bit of a too big a statement simply given the size of the country.

Gotcha. More idyllic areas contain little sense of the heated aspects of sociopolitical factors. I have not intersected with visible symptoms of unrest in urban zones, notwithstanding some degree of awareness it exists and is exemplified in pockets of volatility ... out of sight, out of mind, like anywhere. Don’t drink the tea at a Siberian airport lounge lest you be unintended collateral damage.

A discussion about the viability of travel due to domestic problems might better fit the Politics forum, or a thread other than a specific foreign variation of The Deli theme.

Gotcha. More idyllic areas contain little sense of the heated aspects of sociopolitical factors. I have not intersected with visible symptoms of unrest in urban zones, notwithstanding some degree of awareness it exists and is exemplified in pockets of volatility ... out of sight, out of mind, like anywhere. Don’t drink the tea at a Siberian airport lounge lest you be unintended collateral damage.

A discussion about the viability of travel due to domestic problems might better fit the Politics forum, or a thread other than a specific foreign variation of The Deli theme.

It's time to reverse course and get back on point of this particular forum and initial thread. Thanks, SirBillybob!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...