Gameboys, Pinoy Web Series

This topic is 1305 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gameboys is a pretty good Web Series that's among the BL genre that appears to be sweeping Asia, stories about young bromances that spill over into love.

The two leads in Gameboys are in their early 20s.

Here is a video clip from The 12th epi that dropped this morning. The series is about two guys that meet on a gaming site in the age of COVID. It is streaming on YouTube, with English subtitles.

Gameboys is a pretty good Web Series that's among the BL genre that appears to be sweeping Asia, stories about young bromances that spill over into love.

The two leads in Gameboys are in their early 20s.

Here is a video clip from The 12th epi that dropped this morning. The series is about two guys that meet on a gaming site in the age of COVID. It is streaming on YouTube, with English subtitles.

I'm so glad I saw your post because I never would have discovered Gameboys otherwise. It's very Filipino -- the characters constantly overreact, with just way too much drama, to the point that I almost groan during some episodes. On the plus side, the acting is excellent, I love Gav & Pearl, and some of the storylines are really well done. Cairo's guilt about his father's illness was particularly touching.

I found it interesting how much English the characters spoke, with English words in almost every sentence and whole sentences in English sprinkled throughout. I thought my relatives used so many English words/sentences while speaking Tagalog because they've been living in the US for decades, but apparently even Filipinos in the Philippines intersperse tons of English in with their Tagalog.

I have a crush on the Gav character. Sure, the actor's cute, but it's Gav's personality that really wins me over. His cheeky grin just slays me.

New episodes come out once a week on YouTube. I binged through the first dozen in 3 days. Now it'll feel like an eternity between episodes. Anyway, if you're looking for a good binge-watch, I'd recommend Gameboys. Although a bit overdramatic at times, it's fun, sweet, and heartfelt.

Edited by BSR