Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther) has died...

big-n-tall
This topic is 1064 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was shocked to see this news this morning. I loved him in Black Panther. I wonder how Marvel will deal with this - just get another actor, or introduce another character to be Black Panther?

I think they may offer Michael B Jordan the role of Kilmonger the new Black Panther. There were rumors they might bring him back for the sequel. It makes sense at this point from a story standpoint. Because unless Disney does something truly amazing in honoring Boseman, if they hire a replacement I think there will be a major backlash.

I think they may offer Michael B Jordan the role of Kilmonger the new Black Panther. There were rumors they might bring him back for the sequel. It makes sense at this point from a story standpoint. Because unless Disney does something truly amazing in honoring Boseman, if they hire a replacement I think there will be a major backlash.

In the comics, Shuri becomes Black Panther when T'Challa becomes injured. Since she is also of the royal lineage, she is able to take part of the Black Panther ritual. Personally, I think that could be an interesting choice though I also like her character as she is now.

In the comics, Shuri becomes Black Panther when T'Challa becomes injured. Since she is also of the royal lineage, she is able to take part of the Black Panther ritual. Personally, I think that could be an interesting choice though I also like her character as she is now.

Oh, I know, but in the context of the movie universe, I think she's too green and Kilmonger makes the most sense as a replacement. That is if they don't find a new actor to play the character.

Anyway, I am rather saddened by Boseman's death. To make so many films since his diagnosis and no one to be the wiser shows his character and work ethic.

I was shocked and saddened by his death. The Black Panther movie was well done and he was perfect to play the role. His other movies are really good too. What kind scares me is that his death was from colon cancer, that is almost unheard of in someone that young. I used to work in the GI lab and seeing this in someone so young is heartbreaking.

Sometimes life isn't fair. Its a good reminder, though, of the importance of routine colonoscopy to nip this kind of shit in the bud before it festers.

I personally have never been inclined to take a “routine” colonoscopy as I don’t consider myself to be at high risk. Funny since I did have prostate cancer 14 years ago. But like prostate cancer, colon cancer can run in families (like breast cancer for women) and one has to ask if anyone in the family line has ever had it (in my case no) Colonoscopy is an invasive procedure, as is a biopsy of the prostate. A biopsy in the case of prostate is only done after an elevated PSA finding which is done through a simple blood test. I just finished a book written by a famous journalist who just died the other day. He had suffered a botched “routine” colonoscopy which almost killed him and took him several years to recover from. I also recall a well known film maker in British Columbia who died from a botched biopsy of the prostate. He was only 43 and was in good health. Sepsis set in and he died 3 days later. All invasive diagnostic tests should be considered carefully IMO and only taken when the benefits outweigh the risks.

Colonoscopy is one of the safest there are and the math on them being lifesavers is solid. More than half of colon cancer deaths would be prevented if everyone just had the recommended screenings. It's not as invasive as other tests as if they don't see anything with the scope, they don't do any cutting. It's as "invasive" as a superlong dildo in that case.

Colonoscopy is one of the safest there are and the math on them being lifesavers is solid. More than half of colon cancer deaths would be prevented if everyone just had the recommended screenings. It's not as invasive as other tests as if they don't see anything with the scope, they don't do any cutting. It's as "invasive" as a superlong dildo in that case.

I also do not consider it invasive. I’ve had 4 or 5, my dad developed a lot of polyps so I get checked a bit more frequently than others.

Sometimes life isn't fair. Its a good reminder, though, of the importance of routine colonoscopy to nip this kind of shit in the bud before it festers.

Please don't even suggest blaming the victim. To have nipped this in the bud, as you say, he would have had to have received a colonoscopy before the age of 40. The only people for whom that's recommended are those with certain types of intestinal diseases and those with a strong family history. Assuming he had neither, this is just a case of very rare things which happen.

Google offers different kinds of information regarding frequency. I was told by a Dr that it's normally done every 5 years. Is that right?

I’d check with your doctor. One had me every 3 years since age 40 (he was my dad’s doc too) He retired, new younger guy says not that often ??‍♂️ I know I’m a bit overdue now but haven’t rushed the doctor bcs of Covid pandemic.

Unicorn is right BUT only to a point. In my opinion EVERYONE should have a colonoscopy at about age 35. If the colon is clear of polyps fine then start an every five year repeat at age 50. I am perfectly aware that colon cancer has a tendency to run in families BUT not always. My mother who was a preventative fanatic and was found to have polyps at age 55 and insisted that all the rest of the family have the procedure regardless of age. I had my first one in my early 30,s and one every five years right up to the present. The worst part of a colonoscopy isn't the actual procedure it's the damn preparation the day before. My nephew had his first colonoscopy at about age 35 at the insistence of both my mother and my sister. After the procedure the doctor informed him that his colon looked like a forest full of polyps and that if he had waited an other year or two he would have been beyond help. He had so many polyps that they couldn't all be removed at once and he had to go in once a year for five years to get more removed. He is now 65 and goes in every year for a colonoscopy. I realize that some insurance companies will balk at paying for a colonoscopy for someone under the age of 50 without symptoms or a family history of colon cancer cancer BUT they will give in and pay IF the person persists and insists.

Edited by Epigonos