Kenosha

pitman

I'm surprised nobody has yet commented on this. Perhaps we're all suffering from police violence fatigue.

What is currently known is a black man was shot in the back seven times by a white police officer. He has undergone multiple surgeries and will survive but will likely be paralyzed for life.

In response there have been several nights of demonstrations, including significant property damage.

The most recent development includes a Trump-supporting 17 year old ammosexual high school dropout vigilante who has been charged with murdering two protestors.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/27/us/kenosha-wisconsin-shooting-suspect/index.htmlhttps://www.cnn.com/2020/08/27/us/kenosha-wisconsin-shooting-suspect/index.html

Hell hath no fury like a white conservative confronted with the unvarnished history of slavery and racism in America.

The most recent development includes a Trump-supporting 17 year old ammosexual high school dropout vigilante who has been charged with murdering two protestors.

You should see the Right Wing Twitterverse bending over backwards to justify the murder of people by a 17 year old white, Trump supporter as purely 'self-defense'.

He drove 30-45 minutes to be there.

He broke the law by carrying that gun.

He broke the law claiming he was going to use deadly force to protect property.

He never should have been there. His actions led to the death of others. This is likely murder, but at a minimum, manslaughter.

People are now vilifying the victims of the 17 year-old domestic terrorist, including a claim that one of them was a registered sex offender and a pedophile. 30 seconds of googling proved that to be false, another man with same name is serving time in prison for those charges.

I feel more like I do now than I did when I got here.

He's terrorist who drove carrying his rifle because he thought his job was to do something (kill people) instead of getting good grades, and hitting the gym. His age also kept me from mentioning him openly on here.

We already have infiltrators causing property damage to discredit the BLM movement, now they'll openly go and kill protestors like he did. His actions are just like the pig who ran over protestors in Charlottesville who also has some issues belonging/fitting in society but felt he had to become a "hero".

Hitting the gym?

Hitting the gym?

He thinks he's a tough guy because of his guns... google his pic.

People are now vilifying the victims of the 17 year-old domestic terrorist, including a claim that one of them was a registered sex offender and a pedophile. 30 seconds of googling proved that to be false, another man with same name is serving time in prison for those charges.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump will eventually give him a pardon before leaving office.

Edited by marylander1940

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

I'm surprised nobody has yet commented on this. Perhaps we're all suffering from police violence fatigue.

What is currently known is a black man was shot in the back seven times by a white police officer. He has undergone multiple surgeries and will survive but will likely be paralyzed for life.

In response there have been several nights of demonstrations, including significant property damage.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/27/us/kenosha-wisconsin-shooting-suspect/index.htmlhttps://www.cnn.com/2020/08/27/us/kenosha-wisconsin-shooting-suspect/index.html

What keeps going through my mind and now once again with Blake is how many young black men have been shot with their back to the cops.

To me, black lives clearly do not matter to these cops. It is obviously upsetting and disgusting.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F71d43182-3317-405e-892d-b1780dbd2629_1200x800.jpeg

Edited by E.T.Bass

Kenosha is a tragedy. But I don’t this is about fatigue. I think many are conditioned to wait for the facts relating to what we didn’t see.

But as for me, what I know is that this started with a call to the police about Blake. if that didn’t happen, i don’t think this would have happened. In addition, I see that Blake was struggling with police and not complying. If that didn’t happen, I don’t think this would have happened.

I won’t speculate about other things like the presence of a knife or a gun...but if the police hadn’t been called and if Blake had been compliant, this post wouldn’t exist.

“The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas” Carl Sagan

Kenosha is a tragedy. But I don’t this is about fatigue. I think many are conditioned to wait for the facts relating to what we didn’t see.

But as for me, what I know is that this started with a call to the police about Blake. if that didn’t happen, i don’t think this would have happened. In addition, I see that Blake was struggling with police and not complying. If that didn’t happen, I don’t think this would have happened.

I won’t speculate about other things like the presence of a knife or a gun...but if the police hadn’t been called and if Blake had been compliant, this post wouldn’t exist.

Its important to get all the facts before drawing firm conclusions, but I'm not comfortable with the tendency to deflect to Blake's behavior, past or present. There are too many people out there who, when seeing a video like this, reflexively try to justify it with arguments like "This looks bad, but I'm sure that guy was guilty of SOMETHING".

Hell hath no fury like a white conservative confronted with the unvarnished history of slavery and racism in America.

There are too many people out there who, when seeing a video like this, reflexively try to justify it with arguments like "This looks bad, but I'm sure that guy was guilty of SOMETHING".

This. If he were guilty of something and the police were confronting him because they were acting on that, no big deal. If they didn't know he was subject to other police matters it's excessive policing. But the retrospective citing of something that he 'may have been guilty of' when the police had no idea when they started the arrest or the challenge is just so much BS. He may have had a knife, but I understand that is legal under Wisconsin law, so nothing to see there either.

Its important to get all the facts before drawing firm conclusions, but I'm not comfortable with the tendency to deflect to Blake's behavior, past or present. There are too many people out there who, when seeing a video like this, reflexively try to justify it with arguments like "This looks bad, but I'm sure that guy was guilty of SOMETHING".

I understand and agree with your observation completely. I don’t assume he is guilty. I’m simply observing cause and effect. You are right...what if the caller was making a false complaint...what if the cop called him a name...those are the things I don’t know and that need to be vetted.

“The cure for a fallacious argument is a better argument, not the suppression of ideas” Carl Sagan

you're not speculating while speculating he wasn't complying, you didn't know what happened before, etc.

Sir, I’m not speculating. His non compliance was clearly evident in the videos

This happening is a tragedy. Anger and peaceful protest is justified.

Even more of a tragedy is that events like this actually are going to be the key to Trump's reelection. It appears, violence and looting etc. is the ONLY issue Trump is winning on. Trump is losing on every other single important issue. Trump is making strong gains getting back the older white voters who are scared to death of the (few) violent protesters and the warnings by FOX etc. that a Biden administration will eliminate police. It is (unfortunately) very effective.

Hopefully people will listen to Blake's mother. This election may ultimately depend on it!

The mother of Jacob Blake delivered a message of peace Tuesday while a Wisconsin city confronts public outrage over the latest police shooting of a Black man captured on video.

Julia Jackson told reporters that the destruction throughout the city of Kenosha since her son's shooting, in which officers fired at least seven shots as he had his back turned to them, is extremely disturbing. Protests in the wake of Blake’s shooting on Sunday have devolved into violence and destruction.

"We really just need prayers,” Jackson said. “As I was riding through here, the city, I noticed a lot of damage. It doesn’t reflect my son or my family. If Jacob knew what was going on as far as that goes – the violence and the destruction – he would be very unpleased."

She added: "We need healing."

and therefore deserved being shot in the back 7 times... just say it! We know you're thinking about it.

That’s a ridiculous Statement. Now it’s YOU speculating.

So, No! But I’ve heard of other indications that the police had reason to be concerned that there was a gun in the car. I do not know that to be true, or if there was a gun even found in the car. I wasn’t there, you weren’t there. I’m sticking to what I know to be true and can observe directly. Beyond that, I trust nothing speculated about in the media. This outcome had at least two proximate causes rooted in fact...someone called the police and someone didn’t comply with law enforcement. If there are other causes, time will reveal them.

and therefore deserved being shot in the back 7 times... just say it! We know you're thinking about it.

With the black guy, the police were told he might have a knife. A knife was found on the passenger side floor. He was running away from the car when he was shot 7 times.

The right-wing terrorist with the semi-automatic in his hand, was given a bottle of water by a police officer.

Just sticking to the reported facts, without hyperbole and screaming.

Edited by RealAvalon

That’s a ridiculous Statement. Now it’s YOU speculating.

So, No! But I’ve heard of other indications that the police had reason to be concerned that there was a gun in the car. I do not know that to be true, or if there was a gun even found in the car. I wasn’t there, you weren’t there. I’m sticking to what I know to be true and can observe directly. Beyond that, I trust nothing speculated about in the media. This outcome had at least two proximate causes rooted in fact...someone called the police and someone didn’t comply with law enforcement. If there are other causes, time will reveal them.

With the black guy, the police were told he might have a knife. A knife was found on the passenger side floor. He was running away from the car when he was shot 7 times in any case.

The right-wing terrorist with the semi-automatic in his hand, was given a bottle of water by a police officer.

Just sticking to the reported facts, without hyperbole and screaming.

yes, we agree I don't think the police had the right to shoot him.... quote @BnaC

For example the Charleston terrorist (who killed 9 people among them a state senator) was arrested without being shot, was called son by the officers, and they even stopped to give him lunch...

dylann_roof.jpg?resize=865,452

Edited by marylander1940

Liberal, born and raised in Maryland, proud member of pink pistols!

Ignore list: WilliamM

Saw a white male voter being interviewed by CNN today about who he was going to vote for. He said he is leaning towards Trump "because he will restore peace and safety to our streets." Was wondering who he thought was currently president?

I doubt that he's changing how he was voting. "Peace and safety" is probably a more palatable excuse (than the constant lies, attacks on health care, and graft) to support the GOP's president.

• Cooper locked this topic