Amazon Bans Gay Movie- Ten Years Later

Lucky
This topic is 1326 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

That is weird because from the thread at least it just shows the discovery of a mother that her son is gay and the subsequent pursuit of a man to make him happy. It doesn't look like the best movie in the world but there did not seem much more that was terribly objectionable than in other movies that Amazon offers. And that I have bought.

Could it be that boyculture.com simply has it wrong? My Google search did not reveal any other info* on this supposed ban. And it's the DVD that is banned, not the streaming video. Confusing.

Here is the info on Amazon's movie page: Does "unavailable" mean banned?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=you+should+meet+my+son&i=movies-tv&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Following the link in the boyculture.com article, I am told by Amazon:

This video is currently unavailable

to watch in your location

*perhaps because no one else cares?

Could it be that boyculture.com simply has it wrong? My Google search did not reveal any other info* on this supposed ban. And it's the DVD that is banned, not the streaming video. Confusing.

Here is the info on Amazon's movie page: Does "unavailable" mean banned?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=you+should+meet+my+son&i=movies-tv&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

Following the link in the boyculture.com article, I am told by Amazon:

This video is currently unavailable

to watch in your location

*perhaps because no one else cares?

When I was on the DVD mailing Netflix they had a similar thing where certain DVDs were not available to be sent. It had nothing to do with anything in particular (as far as I knew). They were usually discs that were old or put out by small film companies.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked it.

The movie has good reviews.

The director's Facebook page reports it banned by Amazon with no reason given.

I will give Amazon a reason why I'm cancelling my DEKKOO Prime channel. I'd rather get DEKKOO directly from DEKKOO anyway. Amazon Prime video is a hot mess to navigate.

I cancelled my Amazon Dekkoo channel. Unfortunately their cancellation process did not permit my entering this reason.

I will subscribe directly to Dekkoo.